User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Speedchaser
(member) Fri 02-Oct-15 09:54:35
Print Post

BT price drop.

[link to this post]

After experiencing peak time problems with fibre internet with Plusnet, I took the plunge to switch to BT. Placed my order on the 24/09/15 and am due to switch on the 08/10/15. However I noticed the new deals from BT. Same package I chose is now £2.50 per month cheaper and includes a £125 Sainsburys voucher. I feel a bit ripped off that I ordered last week! Would there be any possibility of renegotiating with BT? Or would I need to cancel my order?
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Fri 02-Oct-15 10:09:22
Print Post

Re: BT price drop.

[re: Speedchaser] [link to this post]

If you cancel the order you could be asked why and when you explain then maybe the newer deal will be matched if the BT sales/order system can handle that sort of change?

The only sure way of knowing is to contact them.

plusnet user
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 02-Oct-15 10:16:49
Print Post

You may need to cancel it and then re-order... this could be something BT would do over the phone with you but almost positive they wouldn't change the existing order...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(member) Fri 02-Oct-15 10:53:53
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

I could imagine though the whole thing going sour with me ending up with no isp provider due to call centre / systems process.
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 02-Oct-15 11:41:41
Print Post

personally I think just take it with a pinch of salt, I had a similar situation recently with Virgin Media..

Order a 50meg line at standard price and 48 hours later the there was a bill credit and free wireless speaker offer added to it...

To save £17.50 over the year it might not be worth the hassle and losing your switch date.
Standard User keith969
(regular) Fri 02-Oct-15 12:41:18
Print Post

There's no harm in trying. Of course if you do cancel you will need to negotiate with a new supplier. As an existing BT customer I wasn't offered the voucher for changing from ADSL2 to FTTC back in July. BT are just the same as banks and insurance companies, they figure most people won't change or complain.
Standard User derekdel
(regular) Sat 03-Oct-15 09:27:14
Print Post

You can only phone them and ask. If the first call handler says no then wait 10 mins and phone back to say you have changed your mind and want to cancel stating the distance selling regulation.
When they ask why tell them about the new deal.... or you will go with another provider.

It may work, no harm in trying.

ZeN Line 1 BQM
ZeN Line 2 BQM
BT Backhaul sucks
(member) Sat 03-Oct-15 10:20:50
Print Post

[re: derekdel] [link to this post]

Thanks for the advice. The savings (if the £125) voucher is included is £150 pounds over the year. I actually can cancel within 14 days without penalty. My concern is though I've read horror stories on this forum about people setting the switching process in motion, then cancelling it and ending up with a mess and no provider at all and no-one wanting to take responsibility. To complicate things BT have messaged me saying that my equipment has been sent. I will have to send this back at my cost only for it to be sent again if I must go through the cancel process before taking the better offer.
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 03-Oct-15 14:10:25
Print Post

If you cancel after your equipment has been sent you can ask them to send you a prepaid bag to return the router etc. - I've done this, no problems.

If someone has purchased the BT product using cashback(Quidco/Topcashback) then trying to renegotiate can affect the order and mean you lose your cashback because of manual intervention in the process. In that case it is safer to cancel the order and reorder(if you cancel an order and try to put a new order in online, straight away, it will fail because the previous order will not have been completely cancelled - been there done that - you can wait a while before reordering(24 hours??) or do an online chat with @BTCare, who are UK based, and make sure they properly cancel the order completely).

Maybe I've missed something but I haven't heard you mention cashback? You should take advantage of cashback, it can be a substantial sum, in my case £160 for Infinity 1+calls+free BT TV - on top of £80 Sainsburys voucher.
(member) Sun 04-Oct-15 01:29:35
Print Post

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

I chose to pay the yearly line rental upfront, and looking at my CC, this has already been deducted from my account. I assume they will refund this? I am still within 14 days of my order and before my account has gone live.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to