User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Brib
(newbie) Tue 13-Oct-15 14:54:45
Print Post

Cabinet closer to you than the one you are on.

[link to this post]

Changing from Infinity2 to Infinity1

Just read this post, it got me thinking.

What do you think the chances are of get a line moved to or installed from the nearer cabinet?

Brian

Info :-
Line: Length 875m metres to cabinet
Modem router: Technicolor TG589vn v3
IP Profile = Down 33.87 Mbps Up 10 Mbps

2015: BT infinity 1 FTTC SyncDown: 34999kbps SyncUp: 7994
2013: BT Broadband ADSLMax 8Mbp Down: 6.79 Mbps Up: 0.36Mbps
2006: Newnet ADSLMax 8Mbp Down: 5986 kbps Up: 376 kbps
2005: Freedom2Surf ADSL Down: 5143 kbps Up: 374 kbps

Edited by Brib (Tue 13-Oct-15 14:57:06)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 13-Oct-15 15:01:10
Print Post

Re: Cabinet closer to you than the one you are on.

[re: Brib] [link to this post]

If you part with enough money and are willing to spend the time arranging it all then anything is possible.

Chance without spending lots of money almost zero. Size of the sum of money depends on the exact layout of the ducting infrastructure in the area now.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Brib
(newbie) Tue 13-Oct-15 15:36:33
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thank you Andrew,

Do you think costs would be similar to FoD?

I'm thinking of G.Fast or Fibre to premises . When/if it is available as I'm 875m give or take. The other cabinet is 500m.

The closest DP is 470m unless you count the one in the garden, the cable to the pole in the garden is armoured moled in about 15 years ago, it was aerial cable before then.

The nearest DP from the 500m cab, would be less than 300m from me. Hence the questions.

So I don't think, I will be getting a pole mounted node any closer than 470m without paying for it.

Info :-
Line: Length 875m metres to cabinet
Modem router: Technicolor TG589vn v3
IP Profile = Down 38.67 Mbps Up 10 Mbps

2015: BT infinity 1 FTTC SyncDown: 40000kbps SyncUp: 9278
2013: BT Broadband ADSLMax 8Mbp Down: 6.79 Mbps Up: 0.36Mbps
2007: Newnet ADSLMax 8Mbp Down: 5986 kbps Up: 376 kbps
2005: Freedom2Surf ADSL Down: 5143 kbps Up: 374 kbps

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User keith969
(regular) Tue 13-Oct-15 15:37:24
Print Post

F*** all chance as MrSaffron says, unless you are prepared to pay BT OR a lot.. I'm stuck in an 18 month contract (just why is it legal to lock you into such contracts???)
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 13-Oct-15 16:05:45
Print Post

The one off costs yes probably similar to FoD, as in a couple of thousand, but if a new duct needed across the road heading into the £7,000+ region

G.fast until the we see the first few million deployed I'd not bet on anything regarding that roll-out, several deployment methods exist and until they've firmed up what will happen hard to say e.g. if people are going to pay (e.g. Government) then nothing to stop them putting a new DP in place if it would serve 10 to 16 premises. If you are the single premise 400m from the DP, then its FTTP only really as running the fibre 300m closer they might as well go all the way.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to