User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User damianmcr
(learned) Tue 13-Oct-15 22:43:19
Print Post

New Build and high demand for fibre

[link to this post]

Hi folks.

Moving into a new build on the 12th November. On the DSL checker I am in a fibre area. The date allowing me to order had been tomorrow but yesterday it changed to the 11th November.

What would you do if you were me? Would you order ADSL now and upgrade to fibre? Could I upgrade a day before I want my broadband to start?

If I upgrade will I definitely receive a HH5? I don't want an openreach modem and the HH4.

There's also a fantastic Quidco offer on at the minute for £190 for broadband and calls and I don't want to miss that.

Thanks

Edited by damianmcr (Tue 13-Oct-15 23:07:52)

Standard User gt94sss2
(experienced) Wed 14-Oct-15 16:03:34
Print Post

Re: New Build and high demand for fibre

[re: damianmcr] [link to this post]

BTBroadband FTTC installs are self-service unless requested otherwise-so if/when you order fibre you will be sent a HH5 (no openreach modem needed) - even if they sent you a HH4 if you had adsl first.

If you changed an order from adsl to fibre before installation, you would lose your original appointment/install date..

As to what you should do, it really depends on how desperately you need net access immediately when you move in - as it will take at least 2 weeks for a order to be processed..

Quidco or Topcashback offers come and go - if you are specifically very keen on the current one, then you may want to order adsl first, secure the cashback and then upgrade afterwards
Standard User damianmcr
(learned) Thu 15-Oct-15 13:07:15
Print Post

Re: New Build and high demand for fibre

[re: gt94sss2] [link to this post]

HI

Ive went and ordered the ADSL. Its better to have something installed on the day we move in rather than wait for fibre. Spoke to BT and they said I can upgrade to fibre no problem once its avaliable.

Pretty pointless thread by me!

Thanks

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to