User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User UKconfederate
(learned) Fri 06-Nov-15 11:47:57
Print Post

Changing from ADSL to WBC ADSL2+?

[link to this post]

My local phone exchange has, over night, been upgraded to WBC ADSL2+, so currently I'm on a up to 8 Mbps with BT Broadband.

Now the exchange has been upgraded, does anyone know if I need to phone BT to get them to change it to ADSL2+ or will they do it automatically? Or would it be a case of just updating my router settings to ADSL2+?

Anyway advice would be appreciated.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 06-Nov-15 12:41:09
Print Post

Re: Changing from ADSL to WBC ADSL2+?

[re: UKconfederate] [link to this post]

WIth BT Retail as WBC is cheaper for them they usually move customers across in bulk within a few weeks or months of WBC appearing, you can pester to be moved ahead of the bulk move, but when change has only just happened it can take a few days for providers to notice the change in availability

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User UKconfederate
(learned) Sun 08-Nov-15 09:48:04
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply MrSaffron,

I've decided to just sit and wait now until BT do it automatically. I've also read that in some cases changing to ADSL2+ can actually make a stable ADSL line unstable, so I won't rush and just let the ISP do it in their own time and just hope I don't have any line degradation.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 08-Nov-15 11:49:58
Print Post

The instability is easily solved by switching broadband router to only accept an ADSL2 or ADSL only connection if it proves an issue

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User keith969
(member) Sun 08-Nov-15 12:36:01
Print Post

About 4 years ago when our exchange was upgraded, they automatically upgraded my service and I went from 6Mbps to 15Mbps. Never notified me, I only found out running speedchecks.
  Print Thread

Jump to