User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User niceboy
(newbie) Tue 24-Nov-15 09:33:29
Print Post

Bt unable to clear fault

[link to this post]

I have had a battery contact (info from engineer) on my line since 12/11/15. It seems somebody wrote the fault off as resolved shortly after my report. I reported it again, BTO engineer arrived 18/11/15 put an oscillator on the line, disappeared for two hours came back at 16:30 collected his equipment and told me he can't find the contact and has a social engagement that evening so was unable to continue but the fault would be picked up over the weekend. Phoned India and was told fault would be cleared by 23/11/15. BT person rang me on Sunday 15:18 to say the fault was cleared. Still faulty, rang India. The man there tells me that the fault is "almost" cleared and will need some "tidying up" and will take until 12:00 on 23/11/15. Still faulty. The fault causes my download speed to be halved and the speed to be very erratic, my upload speed is more effected dropping from approx. 7Mbs to.5Mbs Can anyone tell me how to escalate this as ringing India seem a waste of time. With thank in anticipation.
Standard User niceboy
(newbie) Tue 24-Nov-15 13:06:34
Print Post

Re: Bt unable to clear fault

[re: niceboy] [link to this post]

Thanks to further advice,now in the hands of BT "care in the community" moderator.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Tue 24-Nov-15 13:18:51
Print Post

[re: niceboy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by niceboy:
Thanks to further advice,now in the hands of BT "care in the community" moderator.
wish you luck with that too, you will most probably need it

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 961a
(member) Tue 24-Nov-15 14:40:40
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Try a polite request to gavin.e.patterson@bt.com asking for one of his assistants to sort things out for you.
Standard User binary
(member) Wed 25-Nov-15 10:36:50
Print Post

[re: 961a] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 961a:
Try a polite request to gavin.e.patterson@bt.com asking for one of his assistants to sort things out for you.

It's a bit sad that so often the best course of action for actually getting something fixed seems to be getting in touch with the Chief Exec's office.
Standard User 961a
(member) Wed 25-Nov-15 10:43:13
Print Post

[re: binary] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by binary:
In reply to a post by 961a:
It's a bit sad that so often the best course of action for actually getting something fixed seems to be getting in touch with the Chief Exec's office.

Although I can agree with that, from the point of view of the customer it's good advice that works as opposed to other methods that sometimes don't

I'm not one for using it as a matter of course, and I'm certainly not advocating a rant, but when you pay the going rate for a service and can't seem to get things fixed.....
Standard User niceboy
(newbie) Wed 25-Nov-15 11:18:49
Print Post

[re: 961a] [link to this post]

I totally agree. BT do not seem to have an understandable system where a problem of this sort can be escalated. There is a feeling of frustration when it seems nobody cares or nobody is doing anything. I also cannot understand how a fault can be "resolved" when it plainly is not!
I'm not one for using it as a matter of course, and I'm certainly not advocating a rant, but when you pay the going rate for a service and can't seem to get things fixed.....
  Print Thread

Jump to