User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Alucidnation
(newbie) Thu 31-Dec-15 09:58:08
Print Post

Thinking of Bt Infinity 2

[link to this post]

Hi all,

Currently with Plusnet and my contract is up.

Is it worth me jumping to BT infinity, when in theory, it would be the same product with a different supplier?

Thanks

smile
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 31-Dec-15 10:19:57
Print Post

Re: Thinking of Bt Infinity 2

[re: Alucidnation] [link to this post]

It isn't the same "product" any more than any other ISP. At the wholesale level they are the same but the actual delivery, support, extras, etc can be quite different between different ISPs. There are pros and cons to all of the ISPs but there is differentiation between them beyond the fact they have the same basic underlying connectivity.

So, as to whether it is "worth" jumping it depends on what you want. And there are many other ISPs out there that might be worth considering other than BT or PlusNet. Might be best to close this post off and post in the "Which ISP" section for a wider discussion - and if you can give ideas of what you want from an ISP or what you don't like about PlusNet then this would help people in advising on alternatives.
Standard User Alucidnation
(newbie) Thu 31-Dec-15 10:47:40
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Sorry, yes, just realised its in the wrong forum.

Ill repost there if mods could close this please.

Thanks

smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 31-Dec-15 10:55:28
Print Post

Don't forget that the Customer Options Team at Plusnet will be very keen to keep you if you call them. Some excellent deals have been seen. IIRC on the auto-response system it's "Thinking of leaving".

As you don't ask for a MAC any more, and they aren't allowed to contact you to offer a deal after you have ordered elsewhere, you have to contact them if you want a deal. You can do that before ordering from another ISP of course, or for the first 7-8 days after ordering.

Whatever you do, don't use the words "Cancel" or "Cease" when talking to them. Either accept a deal or haggle or say you'll think about it.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 31-Dec-15 11:07:18
Print Post

Not necessarily the wrong forum but I think you are limiting your options if only looking at BT (saying that I am with BT but doesn't mean there aren't better options out there depending on your requirements).
Standard User Galoka
(regular) Sun 03-Jan-16 19:05:16
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I moved from plusnet to BT.

Really just bewcuase of the good deal at the time (£190 quidco cashback + £100 sainsburys vouchers = basically free infinity 2 for a year).

I'll no doubt be off somewhere else once the contracts up.

Perfomance is fine on BT. I don't have a fixd IP any more, but for my use dDNS is fine really.
  Print Thread

Jump to