User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User blinkbonny
(learned) Mon 04-Jan-16 00:04:50
Print Post

BT Discount rates

[link to this post]

Current BT offers on discounted fibre look attractive for a 12 month period, How likely is it that when the 12 month period ends one can negotiate another discounted extension
Standard User Michael_Chare
(experienced) Tue 05-Jan-16 00:10:21
Print Post

Re: BT Discount rates

[re: blinkbonny] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by blinkbonny:
Current BT offers on discounted fibre look attractive for a 12 month period, How likely is it that when the 12 month period ends one can negotiate another discounted extension
The advert that I have seen does not mention that you are getting a discount of a higher price. You could ask them what happens to the price at the end of the contract.

They have a history of low introductory prices but the previous adverts that I have seen do make this clear - unlike the current offer on their web site.

Michael Chare
Standard User 961a
(member) Tue 05-Jan-16 09:56:18
Print Post

[re: blinkbonny] [link to this post]

Usually very good

There is a dedicated number to call and I found it easy to renew at a cheap rate

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Jan-16 10:33:20
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

The offer will be for 12 months, then reverting to the full price of the product, Infinity 1 is around £21 per month and Infinity 2 around £30. Whereas standard Unlimited broadband is £19.20.

There is a consumer options team with access to retention deals, just call 11 months in to the contract (you pay in advance and dont want to wait til 12months or you may get a bill at the higher rate).

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 05-Jan-16 11:55:54
Print Post

[re: BuckleZ] [link to this post]

I did it last week. Rang up the "cancellations number" as it was the easiest one to find on the website. Told them the deal I had arranged last year was coming to an end. She checked it all out and offered me discounts on Broadband and a new TV contract. It was good enough for me (I may have been able to hold out for better but probably not much better). Took about 15-20 mins in total.
(experienced) Tue 05-Jan-16 12:46:07
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

So if you took the Infinity 1 + weekend calls, 38Mbps, 40GB offer at £7.50 pm, what do you think the retention team would offer when it came to renewal?

Michael Chare
Standard User 961a
(member) Tue 05-Jan-16 12:59:58
Print Post

Well I bettered the current deal, but I guess it depends on how hard you haggle,and also doing some homework before you call so you have some "xx have offered me..." information

It's probably not a good idea to have a line rental contract expiring at a different time. The current discount is not worth it
Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Jan-16 13:01:27
Print Post

There are deals floating around for £8 mark for Infinity 1 (40GB), it depends on your area/when you call.

Obviously areas with VM in for example tend to get lower prices available to them. So its hard to say

Edited by BuckleZ (Tue 05-Jan-16 13:01:59)

(experienced) Tue 05-Jan-16 17:29:44
Print Post

[re: BuckleZ] [link to this post]

Thank you for the replies.

Michael Chare
  Print Thread

Jump to