User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Tue 05-Jan-16 18:05:13
Print Post

Re: BT Groups - Broken Promises, Terrible Lies & Long Delays

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mlmclaren:
So this is the original DP

Openreach guy has disappeared off for some reason so the utility cupboard has been locked again, however the DP cupboard still accessible,

This is the new DP the guy has decided to install and the connections he's made so far.

At first glance, with an out-of-focus "after" picture, it looks very much like the 5 connection blocks have been retained, but will be surrounded by a much larger enclosure. Perhaps because of the bulk of the full set of cat 5 cables to each flat.
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Tue 05-Jan-16 18:13:19
Print Post

[re: kitcat] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kitcat:
All BTR they would have been told is that 'someone' would be around to 'look' at the job. This has been translated by the chinese wispers into a surveyor. It is what happens with Regulatory Chinese walls and limited info.

This rings true.

I had problems with my last installation, where an existing line obviously hadn't been used in a while, and the order triggered a survey. Unfortunately, the surveyor must have entered the wrong PCP number ... an error which took less than 2 days to put in place, but weeks & weeks to undo.

Getting the line to work - through the DP, through the PCP, and back to the exchange, took a few visits too.

All through the intervening period, the ISP was never able to really keep track of what Openreach were working on - because most of it didn't involve the "standard" customer-visit teams. Instead, it was more removed teams that worked on things, who "probably" don't see themselves to be working on a single line ... and therefore don't report work against a particular order.

I'm quite prepared to believe that the systems that need to cross the chinese walls don't work very well.
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Jan-16 23:34:07
Print Post

[re: kitcat] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kitcat:
mimclaren

Well at least you will have a much better connection via the new DP and wiring and should all work on the 11th as booked.

Sounds like he was doing all the flats whilst he was there.

Well here's the latest photo's of the DP & the cables entering from the bottom...

As you can see some of the pairs are still awaiting connection to the DP, but the guy couldn't get access to all apartments and 4 are still unoccupied so they will either be done later in week maybe or left to individual engineers.

The guy said that he reckons he will be signing the job of on Thursday latest,

He also told me that before he did the socket in my flat he did a couple others and the first drop from the DP was in the living rooms...

Mine is in the master bedroom with a cable then carrying an extension to the living room... :L ... never the less just crimped a pair together and carried in too living room...

Probably find out theres a 50m coil in the ceiling knowing my luck tongue

The guy also reckoned the line length from my apartment (being on the 2nd floor and opposite side of building from utility cupboards was on 15 metre cable length, I reckon much closer to 100 metres personally, however doing it tight maybe just under 50.... not too fussed as long as it matches the BTw test results!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 11-Jan-16 12:40:30
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

So the misery continues, even after Openreach carrying out the work to connect all the flats BT is still unable to tell me when I can have the service.

Worst of all BT promised me the other day after openreach had signed off job that I would be connected 'today', I contacted them to confirm they where coming and now told nope!

So waste of a day off work!

`and now got to wait until Wednesday for them to see if I can be connected... I'm getting very annoyed with this [censored] now, I will be wanting compensation for this rubbish and they seriously need to turn there attitude around or I'm going to cancel everything!
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 12-Jan-16 21:27:04
Print Post

Later on Monday evening received an email from BT saying that my phone line will be connected on the 22nd... yet on the phone they promised to call me on Wednesday and would them follow up the connection of my Phone & Broadband on Friday 15th!

After going through a demo order on Sky website to find out the soonest date for connection and finding it was also the 22nd, I've requested BT to call me today to explain this nonsense and get the date expedited as promised during early communication...

They have failed to contact me and have basically ignored me throughout the day, however Hyperopic have been in touch!
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 13-Jan-16 07:52:40
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

A colleague at work has had no Internet since mid December. the latest appointment is today, which we fully expect to be a no show as the last 2 "appointments" were.

That is far beyond reasonable. Between the various companies that make up the BT group, it seems that any social activity in a brewery isnt ever going to happen!

You expect this from some "hole in the wall" outfit but not from BT Internet/openreach (the 2 parts of the chain involved).

He considers a month to be far too long to get an fault looked at and I think most people would agree.

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed
VIVACITI 80/20 FTTC
SWPM PCP29 - Still suffering Random drops and intermittent high error counts

BQM - looking better than it has been....
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 13-Jan-16 18:00:22
Print Post

[re: warweezil] [link to this post]

I honestly cannot express currently how [censored] off and stressed I am with the situation I've been put in by BT!

I would love to say this was all Openreach's fault but I don't think it is, I think Openreach has done everything its supposed to, I now think BT are having a laugh at my expense...

My twitter feed is filled with complaints to BTCare, and responses since Monday have all been saying I would be called today as I was also promises on a call on Monday with an update and new install date, they have not done that, instead I've received an email which just says I can be compensated once my service is active...

Yet no mention of when that will be!

I've demanded calls all day and got nothing.... I'm going to place an order with someone else as currently all BT are doing is delaying me which is pushing back the appointment slots.

Been in this new apartment 4 weeks now, placed the order for broadband a week or more before that..... the work by Openreach to 'confirm' & 'test' new lines was done and signed off over a week ago now also....

I don't know what else I can do,
Standard User gt94sss2
(experienced) Wed 13-Jan-16 18:52:48
Print Post

[re: warweezil] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by warweezil:
A colleague at work has had no Internet since mid December. the latest appointment is today, which we fully expect to be a no show as the last 2 "appointments" were.

That is far beyond reasonable. Between the various companies that make up the BT group, it seems that any social activity in a brewery isnt ever going to happen!

You expect this from some "hole in the wall" outfit but not from BT Internet/openreach (the 2 parts of the chain involved).

He considers a month to be far too long to get an fault looked at and I think most people would agree.

As a BT Broadband customer, he should consider posting at http://community.bt.com/ and waiting for the moderators to intervene (which can take a few days) - I would if I was him
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 14-Jan-16 22:40:49
Print Post

So BT failed to call today as they promised yesterday... they seem to have changed the 'target' activation date on the order tracker to the 26th from the 22nd now, this is the 3rd change this week and none of them changes where made with any warning or notification that they had done so...

I've been promised another call back tomorrow *rolls eyes* If BT ever get this account up and running I will be taking there [censored] through every ombudsman and regulator going and demanding compensation for this farse...

I think if the call tomorrow doesn't happen, I will have to order another connection as a place holder of install date as currently it looks like BT have done a fantastic job of [censored] this order up.... also noticed my quidco cashback hasn't tracked >(

At this rate Hyperoptic ill be supplying me broadband before BT.... and there closest presence is 20-30 miles away.
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 24-Jan-16 11:16:54
Print Post

Re: Update - Finally

So I finally have Broadband after the "good" communication between myself - BT - Openreach...

In the case of who's to blame, it's mostly Openreach (which is no surprise to some I guess), however BT Retail could have been more on the ball from the start and only when it became a complaint did I get good communication and willingness to do something rather than read notes from the systems.

Openreach is still holding up others orders but that due to their providers being 'scared' to contact Openreach, my order for my phone completed on Friday after an engineer turned up, he said to me that if Openreach had the jo for my fibre order (which they did for next week) he would request the job and be able to complete it within 15 minutes,

During the time the Openreach engineer was here the complaint handler from BT was on the phone every 5 minutes to me talking to me and the engineer and also liaising with Openreach to send the job to the engineer...

However Openreach didn't seem to be replying to the engineers requests for call backs or the job and soon the end of his shift had passed, meanwhile BT was now talking to an area manager for Openreach and was very [censored] off with the fact that something so simple couldn't be done,

The engineer had said whilst he was here that his job was made hard by Openreach's poor communication systems which are installed on iPhone's... he said that information that Openreach says is there actually isn't appearing on the engineers devices....

anyway, BT argued and rejected Openreach's offers of a Monday activation and managed to get next day fibre enablement done, I being negative doubted anything would happen but nothing else I could do so waited I did....

Next morning the Hub still not detecting a DSL signal... waited till midday and then prompted BT for update, they got on to Openreach and Openreach then said that it was all complete and that if there was any issues it was the CP's equipment...

I then asked BT to call me back 15 minutes later whilst I ran some tests.... sure enough I found that the MK3 Interstitial plate had failed and as soon as I removed this a placed a tradition dangly filter into the test socket we was synced...

"Yeaaah Baby!"

Eager to find out what I could get from 300 metres of copper I clicked to the stats to find full sync and also an attainable of near 120/30....

So very pleased with the outcome, just such a shame that I've had to go through all the trouble with Openreach...
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to