User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User rocketronnie75
(regular) Thu 07-Jan-16 14:47:35
Print Post

Refund

[link to this post]

Basically I placed an order last night for bt infinity and line rental saver for the year over phone. This morning I looked on quidco and saw that I could get £150 cashback.

I rang up BT and cancelled my order. The lady said they will refund my card with the £250 I paid for the line rental saver and connection fee. I was wondering how long it takes to process the refund.

My go live date was 20/01/16 so she said I don't owe bt anything. i'm transferring over from plusnet.

The quidco deal ends in 3 days so would it make a difference to the refund if I re ordered tomorrow morning online?

Also on the BT website they are offering a 50% discount for 12 months on the Unlimited BT Infinity 1 package.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 07-Jan-16 15:04:28
Print Post

Re: Refund

[re: rocketronnie75] [link to this post]

All depends on the Quidco T&C, i.e. will their cashback track or not.

The best deals on BT services are always from online, and some weeks the offers are better depending on the way you found the site i.e. links from us are £100 prepaid MasterCard and £10/m unlimited infinity1 for 12 months (plus voice rental) currently.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 07-Jan-16 18:53:18
Print Post

It's possible that your order via Quidco will be accepted and initially track, but in the end the cashback payment is refused.

The whole point of Quidco and TopCashback is that it is a referral of a potential customer, (you in this case), who has not visited the target site, (BT in this case), so was unaware of what is available.

This is why they advise you to used a dedicated browser for ordering through them, rather than one you have used to visit the target site. You are passed through to a page on the target site that checks for their company's cookies held by your browser. Link.

Given your recent order from BT, with all the relevant details, then it's quite possible the processing of the new order will spot what you are up to and decline the referral payment.

Or you could be lucky and they don't care as long as they get you as a new customer.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User rocketronnie75
(regular) Mon 11-Jan-16 02:50:30
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I successfully cancelled my order 3 days ago and my refund should arrive tomorrow. I will reorder again using quidco and hope that my cashback gets accepted.

Thanks for you help guys

Edited by rocketronnie75 (Mon 11-Jan-16 03:48:41)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 11-Jan-16 09:32:45
Print Post

I hope it works smile. Please tell us, either way.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
  Print Thread

Jump to