User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jjgreenwood
(newbie) Fri 04-Mar-16 19:48:31
Print Post

FTTP Prices&providers

[link to this post]

So exciting times for me in hayden wick, swindon as in the next couple of weeks we will be connected to FTTP. Couldn't come at a better time for me to get off adsl+ as I've recently gone 4k on my tv. What confuses me though is reading posts on here by some complaining that FTTP means their broadband is expensive. From what I can see it seems pretty reasonable I remember signing onto broadband when it came out for £30 odd a month and that was really slow by todays standards and only really any use for downloading and web browsing.

Looking at the packages available it seems the ultrafast stuff is cheapest with BT at £40pcm for 200 meg and £50 for 300 meg. The extra £10 not only gives a useful 50% increase in speed but also some extra care - not sure what this is?

So it seems the £50 a month package could be the best value unless I'm missing something obvious? Looking at other providers seems to heavily reduce speeds or rapidly increase price - Zen costs twice as much. I'm kind of confused as to why anyone would choose those services.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 04-Mar-16 19:52:50
Print Post

Re: FTTP Prices&providers

[re: jjgreenwood] [link to this post]

A lot of confusion on FTTP

Hayden Wick will be native FTTP, so if ordering from BT Retail the choice of Infinity 1, 2, 3 & 4.

There is a Fibre on Demand product which starts at a wholesale price of £99+VAT which is where some 'expensive' comments come in.

Why the differential with other providers? Scale of provider and ability to absorb a small number actually buying the fastest service without hopefully bad peak time performance.

Remember there is voice line rental at £17.99/m to add to your prices, and time the order right and you can get the £75 to £125 reward vouchers. Was a bit slow updating our listings today but believe currently a £100 reward.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User jjgreenwood
(newbie) Fri 04-Mar-16 20:15:31
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks Andrew. Do you know what the extra care mentioned on infinity 4 relates to?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 05-Mar-16 11:36:19
Print Post

[re: jjgreenwood] [link to this post]

The Premium Service Support believe it means you get a UK call centre (though slowly moving more of the calls for all products to the UK), hopefully means a smaller team who actually know about FTTP.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to