User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 14-Mar-16 05:46:05
Print Post

BT Early Termination and Deferred Payment?

[link to this post]

Can anybody clarify the position BT takes on equipment it supplies to broadband customers? I have a YouView box and a Home Hub 5, according to the BT Tariff Guide these appear to be valued at £99 and up to £65 respectively - they were supplied for free when I took out the contract.

If I terminate my broadband contract early it seems I'll incur the following equipment charges - percentage of remaining contract times YouView box tariff price, and a fixed £65(?) charge for the Home Hub irrespective of how far through my contract I am.

Is there any way to avoid these charges if I want to terminate early? Can I cancel BT TV beforehand and return the YouView box? Can I simply say I don't want or use the Home Hub and return that?

Edited by Spud2003 (Mon 14-Mar-16 06:41:12)

Standard User lee111s
(member) Mon 14-Mar-16 10:45:46
Print Post

Re: BT Early Termination and Deferred Payment?

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

If those conditions were in the T's and C's when you took out the service then no. Just because you didn't read them, doesn't mean they aren't enforceable.
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 14-Mar-16 11:58:49
Print Post

Re: BT Early Termination and Deferred Payment?

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

I didn't say they weren't enforceable anywhere in my post... I asked whether there were other options. There are circumstances where they don't apply e.g. changes to price, charges, or terms and conditions.

The reason BT don't provide Tariff Guide prices on the order web pages, or in the order cost breakdown they send to customers when they make their broadband order, is not because they genuinely expect customers to dig through their product terms and conditions and stumble on deferred payments and the Tariff Guide.

I don't have to leave BT so this is a matter of curiosity rather than necessity.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to