User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User wilkofife
(newbie) Tue 22-Mar-16 16:07:58
Print Post

Speeds dropping inexorably

[link to this post]

Signed for Infinity 2, FTTC, in August '15. Speeds very steady at 74down, 18up until Christmas.
Download speed has been falling away and now sits at 53. BT tell me I should be happy with this. Should I ?
(Upload constant at 18). Home Hub 5B.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 22-Mar-16 16:38:45
Print Post

Re: Speeds dropping inexorably

[re: wilkofife] [link to this post]

What speeds were predicted when you signed up?

What is the estimate now, given by http://dslchecker.bt.com/ ?

Use the Ginp Formula to determine if your vdsl2 connection is with or without G.INP.
Divide your IP Profile by your Sync Speed and the answer is 0.9669 (with) or 0.9679 (without)
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 22-Mar-16 19:38:11
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:

I wouldn't go by that, BT have a habit on updating that to so that they don't have to do anything when your speed drops.

Our ADSL2+ has had loads of issues reducing in speeds and their dsl checker has been updated to the current speeds, strange thing was Zen used to be about 5.5Mbps to 6Mbps easy with no dropouts, and now its gone to another word for poo.

Sadly out upload sync has now dropped down to about 159 Kbps where as the up stream used to be 1013 Kbps (sync) and BT don't seem to care about upstream and say its all about the downstream, but without the up stream there is no down stream to use LOL

Paul

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 22-Mar-16 19:43:17
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by PaulKirby:

I wouldn't go by that, BT have a habit on updating that to so that they don't have to do anything when your speed drops.
That's why I asked for the estimate at point of sale to compare with the estimate now to see how it has changed. BT can still be held to the original estimate.

Use the Ginp Formula to determine if your vdsl2 connection is with or without G.INP.
Divide your IP Profile by your Sync Speed and the answer is 0.9669 (with) or 0.9679 (without)
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 23-Mar-16 00:37:36
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

That's why I asked for the estimate at point of sale to compare with the estimate now to see how it has changed. BT can still be held to the original estimate.

Ah, fair point.

Paul
Standard User wilkofife
(newbie) Thu 24-Mar-16 16:34:30
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Two speeds were offered -up to 80Mbps and up to 40. I opted to pay the top rate, and when the engineer installed and tested it at 74, he said that it 'might drop a little'.
However, when checking the e-mail confirming the contract, they had sneakily dropped the expected download speed to 50-60Mb. Never checked that as was happy with the 74 I was getting right up to Christmas. Now it is dropping and, I wonder, how much further, and why ?
  Print Thread

Jump to