User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User sam_nospam
(committed) Sun 08-May-16 10:56:15
Print Post

BT Price hike – speed upgrade?

[link to this post]

BT’s price rises are coming shortly and they have suggested that those on the ‘up to 38mb’ package will be upgraded to the ‘up to 52mb’ service. Does this also mean an increase in the upload speed as well?

I’m part way through a yearlong contract (moved to BT last November) and I know that we can leave the contract, penalty free if we want to, but although I'm not happy of course with the price increases, I think the upgrade to the service will take some of the sting out of it?

I’ll keep an eye on my speeds for that increase coming soon? smile
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sun 08-May-16 10:58:46
Print Post

Re: BT Price hike – speed upgrade?

[re: sam_nospam] [link to this post]

No it remains at 10.
Standard User Kr1s69
(knowledge is power) Sun 08-May-16 11:10:58
Print Post

Have you had an email notifying you of the price changes?

it includes a link to the BT website where you get a "personalised" offer.

My 12 month term ends in August, and was offered 12 months infinity 1 for £10 per month (i.e. the same as my current deal) or 12 months infinity 2 for £17.50 per month.

Both are pretty good deals. I'm going to take the cheaper one, but not until just before the price rise (i.e. i don't want to waste 2 months of my current offer by starting the new 12 month term today.

Kris

BT Infinity
Ashington (Northumberland) Exchange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 08-May-16 11:24:20
Print Post

Unless you are connecting at 39999Mbps or thereabouts, so speedtest results well above 35Mbps, you won't get an increase in download speed either. Does your router show the connection speed?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59546/15321kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User sam_nospam
(committed) Sun 08-May-16 11:36:26
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Unless you are connecting at 39999Mbps or thereabouts, so speedtest results well above 35Mbps, you won't get an increase in download speed either. Does your router show the connection speed?

Thanks for the reply.

My average download speeds have been pretty constant at about 37 megs down and just over 9megs up since I switched to BT last year.

If we are not automatically going to get the increase in speed, then obviously the 'sting' of the increases will definitely be felt... I may have to give BT a call if/when I get the notification about the increases (not had it yet).

Thanks for the info smile
Standard User sam_nospam
(committed) Sun 08-May-16 11:42:10
Print Post

[re: Kr1s69] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Kr1s69:
Have you had an email notifying you of the price changes?

it includes a link to the BT website where you get a "personalised" offer.

My 12 month term ends in August, and was offered 12 months infinity 1 for £10 per month (i.e. the same as my current deal) or 12 months infinity 2 for £17.50 per month.

Both are pretty good deals. I'm going to take the cheaper one, but not until just before the price rise (i.e. i don't want to waste 2 months of my current offer by starting the new 12 month term today.

Not had a letter from BT yet but that's good if they are offering deals like that.

I'm not sure which one of those deals I'd go for if I were to be offered them. Infinity 2 with the extra download/upload speed is pretty tempting.

I dropped Sky TV/Broadband last year and finding myself watching just about all my TV and stuff via the net so the extra speeds would be handy.

Thanks for the info.
Standard User sam_nospam
(committed) Sun 08-May-16 11:45:12
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
No it remains at 10.

Thanks info smile

If there's a deal, like has been suggested by others, then I think I might be tempted to go for Infinity 2.

The extra speed for uploads is handy to get all your stuff into the cloud smile

Cheers!
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 08-May-16 11:48:38
Print Post

That sounds like you are connecting at the maximum, so should get an increase if moved to the 52Mbps product. What modem/router do you have for getting stats? If it's a Home Hub, is it a 5 type A or a 5 type B.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59546/15321kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User sam_nospam
(committed) Sun 08-May-16 11:52:22
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
That sounds like you are connecting at the maximum, so should get an increase if moved to the 52Mbps product. What modem/router do you have for getting stats? If it's a Home Hub, is it a 5 type A or a 5 type B.

Yes, I use the BT Hub 5 (not sure if it's A or B?... will that be in the menu somewhere?) as supplied by them.

I'll jump into the Hub now and have a closer look around (think I've only been into the hub twice since I set it up last year wink )
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sun 08-May-16 11:55:28
Print Post

Have a look in Troubleshooting > Helpdesk
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to