User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User DYMO
(regular) Sat 28-May-16 16:17:04
Print Post

BT infinity 1 re-syncing

[link to this post]

how many times a day does infinity need to re-sync before BT say's there is a fault with the service ? or what is acceptable for this service?

thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 28-May-16 16:46:54
Print Post

Re: BT infinity 1 re-syncing

[re: DYMO] [link to this post]

No hard and fast rules, but 1 resync a day no one will bat en eyelid.

Ten resyncs every hour and there is a problem and usually the DLM systems will impose lower connection speeds to stabilise things.

Have you ruled out effects of in home wiring, i.e. ran the modem in the test socket and verified that none of the phone extensions work for a phone when doing that.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User DYMO
(regular) Sat 28-May-16 17:42:38
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

yes MrSaffron all checks have been made in the house BT has sent an engineer out checked the house all ok,he found a lot of errors at the cab so he got that swapped out,but still getting re-sync's today i've had 6 yesterday 9 a couple of days ago i had 15 within 1 hour

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ggremlin
(experienced) Sat 28-May-16 17:53:17
Print Post

what modem are you using? and have you tried a different one?
Standard User DYMO
(regular) Sat 28-May-16 18:58:02
Print Post

[re: ggremlin] [link to this post]

yes ggremlin i have swapped over with my daughters router both hh5 mine was a 5a hers is a 5b,i have read that there are better modems out there do you think that getting one would improve things
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 28-May-16 19:03:19
Print Post

Wrt this problem, no.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59240/14753kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 28-May-16 19:06:27
Print Post

When you swapped the routers, did you swap the power plug/cable?

Have you also swapped the filter, or is it a built-in Openreach filter? (I'm assuming you don't have an Openreach modem).

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Standard User DYMO
(regular) Sat 28-May-16 19:25:55
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hi RoertoS had to swap power plug and cables over as they would not interchange lol,i have a new openreach mk3 master socket,and no openreach modem just the hh5
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 28-May-16 19:54:44
Print Post

When you say swapped cables, does that include the ADSL cable? I didn't think of that one earlier.

Any new or replacement electrical or electronic kit just before this started? Including TVs, Sky boxes, exercise equipment? (Exercise equipment next door can cause trouble as well).

[joke]It's the garage floor charging gear for your new Tesla car tongue [/joke]

Standard User DYMO
(regular) Sat 28-May-16 20:24:04
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hi RobertoS yes even the adsl cable swapped for good measure as well,no nothing new in the house,and defo no exercise bikes here or next door lol next door are in their 80's
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to