User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User nevans
(member) Mon 13-Jun-16 10:47:00
Print Post

HH5 and static routes

[link to this post]

Is there any way to set up static routes on an HH5? My mate's business is about to be upgraded to FTTC, and I had to ditch the BT modem in the past because of their lack of support for a custom routing table.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 13-Jun-16 11:12:49
Print Post

Re: HH5 and static routes

[re: nevans] [link to this post]

Not on the Home Hub, no. I believe the Business Hub can set static routes though, so your mate should be ok.

Oliver.
Standard User nevans
(member) Mon 13-Jun-16 11:40:23
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

I think that you are correct, but BT haven't offered him the business hub, hence the worry.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Mon 13-Jun-16 11:58:27
Print Post

Why not, is he taking the residential service instead of BT Business broadband?

Use the Ginp Formula to determine if your vdsl2 connection is with or without G.INP.
Divide your IP Profile by your Sync Speed and the answer is 0.9669 (with) or 0.9679 (without)
Standard User nevans
(member) Mon 13-Jun-16 12:04:48
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

No, he's not. I'm just trying to get him to ask the question of BT, as I will have to source another modem for the installation otherwise.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Mon 13-Jun-16 13:03:18
Print Post

In that case, I doubt they're not offering the BT Business Hub.

Use the Ginp Formula to determine if your vdsl2 connection is with or without G.INP.
Divide your IP Profile by your Sync Speed and the answer is 0.9669 (with) or 0.9679 (without)
Standard User nevans
(member) Mon 27-Jun-16 13:33:29
Print Post

Update: The modem supplied was indeed an HH5 Business hub. What a joke! It's just a statndard modem, with a few minor changes. The port forwarding page still refers to gaming options!
But that's not what this post is about. The HH5 does indeed support static routes, just as the HH3 didn't. You can set static routes here, and devices in your 'non HH5' network can see the router's gateway, and config page. Indeed, one can perform an nslookup from the foreign VLAN, and get a result returned. However, if you try and access anything on the internet, the packets get dropped at the router, which is exactly the same behaviour as the HH3 that ended up in the bin. How BT can push this 'toy' as a business router is beyond me! I solved the problem by putting the HH5 into 'bridge' mode, and installing a Billion 7800DXL as the router ..... Bingo!
  Print Thread

Jump to