User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User planetf1
(experienced) Wed 22-Jun-16 08:03:28
Print Post

Best deal (existing customer)

[link to this post]

Out of interest is anyone nearly up for contract renewal and trying to locate the best deal? How have you done.

I've been with BT FTCC for a fair few years now, and generally happy with the service - no real failures except for HH 5a silliness!

After some discussion & pointing out prices from talktalk, sse (most likely plan B for me), sky I got as far as 10.85 + 18.99 = £29.84 for infinity 1 unlimited. The lowest simple deal was £21 with SSE. No chance of a new HH with that though - only on non-discount tariffs .

I'll probably stay with it since I know the service works well, and I keep thinking g.fast is around the corner - BT retail generally do launch those new products fairly promptly, other providers less so. No *need* to get the smarthub.

Of course that offer was a snapshot.. who knows if it will be available tomorrow...
Standard User Kr1s69
(knowledge is power) Wed 22-Jun-16 09:41:41
Print Post

Re: Best deal (existing customer)

[re: planetf1] [link to this post]

When they announced the price rises I was offered £10 for infinity 1 or £17.50 for infinity 2 plus line rental.

Kris

BT Infinity
Ashington (Northumberland) Exchange
Standard User 961a
(member) Wed 22-Jun-16 09:48:02
Print Post

I was offered £10 for infinity 1 (+ line rental)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User planetf1
(experienced) Wed 22-Jun-16 09:52:19
Print Post

[re: 961a] [link to this post]

yes I'm hearing lots got 10. No idea why they said 10.84 to me, unless I misheard. I can take that up if I go ahead -- which I may do even though it's 8 pcm more than sse/talktalk
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Wed 22-Jun-16 09:57:05
Print Post

As somebody who has used Sky, TalkTalk and BT, and has active both a TalKTalk line and a BT FTTC line right now, I have to say, they're all the same.

TalkTalk is great, only negative is 2Mbps upload, but I personally never notice it. Their router seems very good at ensuring things work even when I am uploading to dropbox etc.

I have no idea of SSE, personally I would not risk it. I would however not be afraid to leave.

BT should be able to offer £10 for infinity 1, it seems a very standard offer.

EDIT: TT CS sucks, but so does BT.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Wed 22-Jun-16 10:17:57)

Standard User 961a
(member) Wed 22-Jun-16 10:12:24
Print Post

In reply to a post by planetf1:
yes I'm hearing lots got 10. No idea why they said 10.84 to me, unless I misheard. I can take that up if I go ahead -- which I may do even though it's 8 pcm more than sse/talktalk

Is £10.85 new price after increases coming shortly?
  Print Thread

Jump to