User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User starfire
(regular) Wed 29-Jun-16 15:56:17
Print Post

Is BT support UK based

[link to this post]

Hi,

I'm thinking of moving from Plusnet to BT for cost reasons, can someone please advise is their support UK based like Plusnet?

And any general views on it? Always been happy with Plusnet's support.

Thanks.!
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Wed 29-Jun-16 16:12:44
Print Post

Re: Is BT support UK based

[re: starfire] [link to this post]

BT Business is UK based.

BT Consumer is currently in India for support however there are plans to bring a large amount back to the UK.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User starfire
(member) Wed 29-Jun-16 16:14:10
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Ah OK, thanks for the information.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 29-Jun-16 16:57:00
Print Post

In reply to a post by MHC:
BT Business is UK based.

BT Consumer is currently in India for support however there are plans to bring a large amount back to the UK.
According to their telephony high level support they have been planning this for several years now, but without any signs of a change i wouldn't hold my breath on that happening soon

Edited by tommy45 (Wed 29-Jun-16 16:57:54)

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Wed 29-Jun-16 16:59:59
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Earlier this year they announced that by December 2016 80% will be answered in the UK: https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jan/18/bt-...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User B31
(member) Wed 29-Jun-16 18:33:21
Print Post

Earlier this year they announced that by December 2016 80% will be answered in the UK

... And then handed over to a foreign call centre for the rest of the call

smile

BT ADSL customer getting 1.7 Mbps (0.6 Mbps up) on a new road / new build development
CAB not FTTC enabled, not part of the 66% commercial plan. Not a BDUK area.
Standard User 961a
(member) Wed 29-Jun-16 19:14:32
Print Post

[re: B31] [link to this post]

Quite easy to find uk numbers to call BT help now
Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 29-Jun-16 20:57:26
Print Post

There are consumer THD desks in the UK, and as mentioned above 80% of all calls will be picked up in the UK by end of year.

Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 29-Jun-16 20:58:05
Print Post

If you tweet @BTCare - I've found every time you get contacted by UK agents.

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Wed 29-Jun-16 21:08:03
Print Post

I have to say BT support India based is the worst CS I have ever experienced. That said, I do think BT have started to realise this, as now when I call through I often speak to somebody in the UK and the difference is staggering. The UK guys are brilliant and give call backs, they surprise me in how pro-active and helpful they are.

So it's really a 50/50, one call can be hideous and enough to make you want to cancel the whole package, especially when you hit India, and you report having NO wifi, ie router is totally gone. It goes like this:

1. I have no WiFi at all, the router is faulty. The WiFi network does not even show. I have tried changing channels, resetting the router, the usual.
2. Response: Have you tried to connect every fault device you own via ethernet?
3. No the router WiFi is not functioning at all, despite a router reset. The ethernet is fine.
4. Response: your line is testing perfectly everything is working perfectly. BT only provide a service to 4 devices over a wired line, wireless is not a guarantee. Please use a wire. As you say this works we are providing you a service. Thanks for calling BT, can I help with anything else?

The above is pretty much word-for-word my BT India call. Hopefully BT will just close down the India support centre, it is worse than TalkTalks India call centre by a long shot and I thought that was poor. Although, TalkTalks support in the UK is also hideous.

UK based BT support got a new hub to me in around 25 seconds of speaking to them. No faffing, no silly diagnosis, they just got it. Overall, their UK support is incredible, Indian support hideous. My advice, if you reach India, just call back another day.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to