User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Wed 29-Jun-16 21:20:30
Print Post

HH5B

[link to this post]

Hey guys,

BT promised me a smarthub, even charged my account £50 for it (but then later credited it) so technically free.

Anyway, to my huge disappointment a HH5b arrived... Typical BT!

I did have a HH5b where 5Ghz wireless seemed restricted, but this ones blazing fast, so really impressed.

Quick question, can somebody verify, does the TYPE B reboot after 14 days, I am sure I've read somewhere it does not? If that's the case, fab, as I hated my type A rebooting what felt like all the time, mine was pretty much a few times a week and only rarely making 14 days.

I wanna get those multiple months of uptime again as I grew accustomed to on literally every other ISP (talktalk, virginmedia etc).

Edited by ukhardy07 (Wed 29-Jun-16 21:21:35)

Standard User Sylcol
(member) Thu 30-Jun-16 10:01:39
Print Post

Re: HH5B

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Hi,
Various post about this, some say yes some say no.

I have type B and it does reboot every 14 days, and sometimes less than that , but that is rare. A check today says 12 days so far.

Otherwise it works well, yes 5Ghz is fast but as you will know not so far reaching as 2.5Ghz. I have no problem in older property getting good signal through two brick built walls with 2.5Ghz.
Standard User ggremlin
(experienced) Thu 30-Jun-16 10:12:43
Print Post

[re: Sylcol] [link to this post]

my hh5b has done both... for a while it was rebooting every 14 days, but it was 24 days last time, and about a month the previous couple of times.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User TheEulerID
(experienced) Thu 30-Jun-16 10:34:33
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

I have had both HH5A & HH5B (on two different accounts) and basically they both reboot at approximately 14 day intervals. It's not an exact period and, just occasionally, happens outside the schedule. What the reason is, I'm not sure but I would say under some form of centrally controlled trigger.

In general, not a problem for me as it's mostly out of normal access hours but it could be mildly annoying for some.

nb. if your HH5A was rebooting irregularly, that was clearly not right. Are you sure you don't mean resyncing? That's also a problem but indicative of a line issue and not what causes the reboot.

Edited by TheEulerID (Thu 30-Jun-16 10:36:50)

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Thu 30-Jun-16 13:46:58
Print Post

[re: TheEulerID] [link to this post]

HH5A was rebooting entirely, device entirely turns off, you see a note in the logs saying the system is going down. You then see a log to show it has gone back online. It would reboot itself at least once a week, but often more than once a day.

It was not firmware updates either. 14 days uptime is perfectly fine for me. Lets see how it goes.

Thanks for the replies.

As far as the connection goes, using my own equipment I was able to get months of uptime.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Thu 30-Jun-16 13:47:23)

Print Thread

Jump to