User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User athegn
(committed) Fri 15-Jul-16 17:24:52
Print Post

HH4 taking over

[link to this post]

I have a HH4. Because of the house construction I also have an Asus WAP. HH4 and Asus are on different channels; the Asus is alone on its channel as is the HH4

In the rooms we mostly need wifi the Asus gives the greatest signal. We use 3 phones and 4 tablets (all Andriod) one Dell laptop and one Acer notebook on wifi.

However my wife's latest tablet, Galaxy S2 8.0, will keep trying to connect to HH4 even though a weaker signal; especially in one well used room.

I have installed "Wifi Prioritizer" on several phones and tablet, including the S2 8.0. this works as expected for all machines except the S2 8.0.

It seems that BT wants to get its hands on the S2 but does not mind the others using the Asus.

We want the S2 to connect to Bt- wifi and FON when not at home so have the Bt app installed; as do 2 phones and 3 tablets.

Any advice please?
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 19-Jul-16 21:25:24
Print Post

Re: HH4 taking over

[re: athegn] [link to this post]

It seems that BT wants to get its hands on the S2 but does not mind the others using the Asus.

Surely the issue here is the wife's latest tablet, Galaxy S2 8.0, as all else works fine .....

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Wed 20-Jul-16 04:08:29
Print Post

[re: athegn] [link to this post]

Are you using same SSIDs?

Same encryption ie not wpa/wpa2 mixed on one AP and wpa2 only on the other?

Same channel width ie not 20mhz on one and 40 on the other?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User athegn
(committed) Wed 20-Jul-16 07:52:10
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

I have now removed the bt app fom her machine and it cured the problem. Tablet not yet tried at a public hot spot to see what hapoens there.
  Print Thread

Jump to