User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User woodroyd
(member) Mon 25-Jul-16 11:18:29
Print Post

Wish I had never heard of the HH6

[link to this post]

I installed the HH6 a couple of weeks ago and immediately Max data rate dropped from 62071 to 59190 and data rate from 62080 to 60.35.
I was connecting on the HH5 the day before the switch at 57760. After it was 54510 and this has dropped until today it is 53890.
Pages were a little slow loading online but I could live with it.
Then came the BT problems last week and like everyone else either couldn't load or pages took ages to load.
Friday everything was supposed to be fixed. Not mine unfortunately.
I phoned BT several times to complain and all they said was that you are getting speeds in line with what could be expected.
I kept batting on about pages not loading or very slow but they just kept on saying the same thing.
I went all through it again just now with the same results
Your speed is ok and what you would expect.
I have tried to put in a complaint but am told that some would ring.
Well they said that Friday and no-one did.
Question is, does anyone know of an address of someone at the top I could contact.
Strangely I had a very similar problem last July and a very helpful guy at something called Kolkata case management team sorted it out after a few weeks. Unfortunately they don't seem to be around this year.
My wife has given up on her iPad because it just will not load.
Any suggestions will be very welcome.
How about putting my HH5 back on?
Standard User jb66
(committed) Sat 30-Jul-16 08:42:08
Print Post

Re: Wish I had never heard of the HH6

[re: woodroyd] [link to this post]

Ive put mine in yesterday on my Plusnet line, every 10mins or so the internet stalls and then starts working, gone back to the PlusnetOne router aka HH5 and all good
Standard User woodroyd
(member) Sat 30-Jul-16 09:01:04
Print Post

[re: jb66] [link to this post]

After more phone calls than I care to remember, and several broken promises from BT to phone, even after they had texted me that they would phone between certain times that never happened.
I finally got through to a chap that listened. I convinced him that if they were so certain that there was nothing wrong with my line then there must be something wrong with the router. ( forgot to mention that Netflix and Amazon Prime were a nightmare to watch with loading problems).
He agreed to send me a replacement HH6 and I have had a text to say that it will arrive on Monday.
I will try it out for a few days, but if there is no improvement I will bung the HH5 back on.
I will keep you updated.
To anyone thinking of getting the HH6, think twice!

Edited by woodroyd (Sat 30-Jul-16 09:03:07)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Sat 30-Jul-16 11:50:29
Print Post

Regarding speed it is known to often give a slightly slower speed, but it is not enough to notice in day to day usage.

Regarding pages being very slow to load, it could just be the wireless channel in use.

Hopefully the replacement will help you out.

I personally have had no issues with the HH6, with well over 20 devices connecting into the router.
Standard User Alnath
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 30-Jul-16 12:40:10
Print Post

How odd, it is the best thing since sliced bread as far as i am concerned, it is better than the HH3 with modem, HH4 with modem, HH5 Type A and HH5 Type B on my connection.

Sync rates are better, WiFi is faster and my connection is more stable.
Standard User woodroyd
(member) Sat 30-Jul-16 15:16:31
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
Regarding speed it is known to often give a slightly slower speed, but it is not enough to notice in day to day usage.

Regarding pages being very slow to load, it could just be the wireless channel in use.

Hopefully the replacement will help you out.

I personally have had no issues with the HH6, with well over 20 devices connecting into the router.

All my devices are wired. The wireless channel is irrelevant. Only my phone and an iPad are connected by wi-fi
Standard User epyon
(experienced) Sat 30-Jul-16 15:51:11
Print Post

Pages loading slow is something i can't explain for you

hopefully just a bad unit

as i've not had any problems since i got it last month.

BT Infinity 2 - 80/20
BT Infinity 2 Speedtest *Smart Hub*
BT Mobile - 4G
BT Mobile 4G Speedtest *Huawei PLK-L01*
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Sat 30-Jul-16 16:03:12
Print Post

I have 31 potential devices using wireless and 1 using wired. That is of course they're not all online at once.

Average load is around 16 devices connected at a time.

Pages loading slowly at those speeds is very odd. Pages would load relatively ok even at 1Mbps.

Fingers and toes crossed the new one resolves everything for you. I think it will do smile

How many devices are you connecting in, just 4 wired and 2 wireless? If so absolutely it should be easily handling that.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Sat 30-Jul-16 16:03:55)

Standard User woodroyd
(member) Sat 30-Jul-16 16:42:37
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Thanks for the good wishes.
Yes 4 wired plus an HH5 that I am using as an wi-fi extender. The HH6 didn't add anything to the wi-Fi range. The replacement arrived a couple of hours ago and 2 days early. I forgot that I have my printer on wi-fi. Not switched on much though. It would not accept the HH6 password despite repeated attempts so I had to use WPS which I prefer to switch off. Family stuff going on so I will probably have to wait until Monday to install this one. As you say "fingers crossed".
Standard User jb66
(committed) Sat 30-Jul-16 18:18:05
Print Post

Ive popped it back in, going to give it another go, will see what happens
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to