User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User kirbyan
(newbie) Fri 29-Jul-16 13:33:20
Print Post

BT Lines: Choosing installation

[link to this post]

Hi there.

I live in a property that is served by an underground telephone cable from a distribution box about 850m away. I get VDSL2 which syncs at between 22-28Mbps on this line.

Thing is, there's a Pole adjacent to my property which is connected to another distribution box that is 250m away. My neighbour is connected to this pole and gets more than twice the speed that I do.

Just wondering if there is a way I can get my line moved to use the pole and the closer distribution box or have a second line and ensure that it is connected to the pole rather than the underground cable?

Any advice?

Andrew
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 29-Jul-16 14:08:59
Print Post

Re: BT Lines: Choosing installation

[re: kirbyan] [link to this post]

You would have to request a network reorganisation from BT which they may just dismiss out of hand or might want to charge you to do. It is possible that the telephone cab the neighbour is connected to is full and therefore may not have spare connections that you could connect on (even if the FTTC cab itself has capacity).
Standard User Nightglow
(member) Fri 29-Jul-16 14:30:20
Print Post

Re: BT Lines: Choosing installation

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

It is possible, had it done here, it took a lot of letters,phone calls to ceo's to get moved, but I'm persistant.
Was on the front pole just outside my front gate,was getting 22Mb,usually less,& problems with dropped connections, got moved to rear pole bottom of garden, now get 68Mb,same cabinet though. & it's a few hundred metres shorter distance to it now.

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/t/4409791-ftt...

Edited by Nightglow (Fri 29-Jul-16 14:42:22)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to