User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User corsa57
(learned) Wed 17-Aug-16 16:26:42
Print Post

Problems migrating to BT

[link to this post]

Have ordered from BT adsl broadband and phone. Had email from my current phone line provider confirming the migration but had nothing from my current broadband provider. Contacted BT and told all should be okay. No faith in BT's response as my last two migrations have all gone wrong the same way, i.e phone transfers and then a two month battle ensues to get the broadband migrated as the order gets rejected due to a data integrity issue. In the end BT always say that the problem is now sorted but it never is and the only way the order for broadband will progress is for it to be manually input which they are always reluctant to do.
Unless someone here can give me some information and hope I think I will just cancel the migration as BT just will not listen to me and I cannot face another two months trying to persuade them to sort it out again.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 17-Aug-16 16:34:01
Print Post

Re: Problems migrating to BT

[re: corsa57] [link to this post]

Have BT given you an order reference or sales reference? If so, you can track it here https://www.bt.com/ordertracking
Standard User corsa57
(learned) Wed 17-Aug-16 18:40:53
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Thanks BatBoy yes I can and have tracked the order but that does not help. My current broadband provider has not been told by BT of the migration and my past experience shows that what will happen on the migration day is that the phone line will transfer but not the broadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 18-Aug-16 18:18:30
Print Post

Any info on the BT dslchecker - http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ - I'm due to migrate to a new ISP on Monday and that is displayed by the dslchecker(in the text beneath the table).

Edited by Spud2003 (Thu 18-Aug-16 18:19:56)

Standard User corsa57
(learned) Thu 18-Aug-16 18:31:44
Print Post

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

Thank you for the info. No information shown about migration on the link you kindly provided.
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 18-Aug-16 18:47:12
Print Post

FWIW this is what's displayed under the table for my number(I hardly ever visit the dslchecker so couldn't tell you what it may display in every circumstance) -

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market B Exchange.

There are multiple orders open on your line which are due to complete by 22-Aug-2016.

Standard User corsa57
(learned) Fri 19-Aug-16 18:28:04
Print Post

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

Spud2003 out of the blue the adsl checker now shows the same line as yours, multiple orders etc, so maybe all will now be well.
  Print Thread

Jump to