User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User crule
(learned) Sun 04-Sep-16 12:58:54
Print Post

Email problems

[link to this post]

Hi
Is anyone else having problems with @btinternet.com And @btopenworld.com email addresses? Mail sent to these addresses is not being recieved and their is no rejection (failure) message sent to the originator. If the message is CC or BCC to another email at an alternative hosting service ie (@gmail.com or @Outlook.com) the message arrives OK
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Mon 05-Sep-16 01:26:31
Print Post

Re: Email problems

[re: crule] [link to this post]

No.

Have just sent one to my old .btinternet.com account. Received there no problem and also auto-forwarded to a different account

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User NJSS
(learned) Mon 05-Sep-16 07:40:52
Print Post

Email problems with @btinternet.com & @btopenworld.com

Yes, quite frequently.

I run an opt-in village newsletter. It is quite common for all those who have @btinternet.com addresses to experience considerable delays in receiving the newsletters, usually of the order of 20 to 150 minutes.

I have complained to @btinternet.com on a number of occasions in the past three years - to no avail, so I don't complain anymore. BT's attitude is that I am not a BT customer so they won't deal with me, they have however admitted that they are aware of the problem, but point out that emails don't fail but are merely delayed!

I believe that the originating address may play a part, I have a couple of domains, plus addresses at Fastmail.Com & POBox.Com - emails sent from Fastmail.Com & POBox.Com appear to be less affected by the BT problems, BUT they can still be delayed.

A few of my users have moved from @btinternet.com & @btopenworld.com, and that seems to totally resolve the problem, so that's what I recommend to those who raise the issue with me.

NJSS

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User crule
(learned) Mon 05-Sep-16 08:21:58
Print Post

Re: Email problems with @btinternet.com & @btopenworld.com

[re: NJSS] [link to this post]

Thanks for the replies
It does seem to be a problem with both emails originating and terminating at an @btinternet.com and @btopenworld.com. address. Some are delayed sometimes by hours some times by days and some never arrive at all. It is making the system unusable. i am not sure if the problem is related to location as at the moment in Hampshire and Sussex it seems particularly bad. I always assumed that the mail server was universal.
Standard User NJSS
(learned) Mon 05-Sep-16 08:31:39
Print Post

Email problems with @btinternet.com & @btopenworld.com

I can't really comment on whether the problem is confined to Hampshire & Sussex, and as my newsletter only goes to addresses in those counties.

I have noticed occasional problems sending to @btinternet.com & @btopenworld.com elsewhere, but not so blindingly obvious.

NJSS
Standard User Steve_D
(experienced) Thu 08-Sep-16 20:24:15
Print Post

I've noticed a lot of randomly delayed email arriving to my @btinternet.com account lately, anything from 2 to 8 hours delayed. It's been happening for at least 2 weeks.
Standard User crule
(learned) Fri 09-Sep-16 07:22:52
Print Post

[re: Steve_D] [link to this post]

The Problem seems to have gone away this week.as all emails seem to be arriving almost instantly..However I have decided to migrate my email usage to @gmail.com
This may be giving in and may in fact be what BT/Yahoo had as a hidden agenda in the first place
  Print Thread

Jump to