User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Jorvik36
(newbie) Fri 14-Oct-16 09:46:47
Print Post

FTTC Availability

[link to this post]

Hi Folks,

I am looking at moving into the new property, when selecting it the local cab was allowing orders. Now closer to the moving in date its now full. And speaking to a few people in the street they have been waiting a month already.

When I try and order any broadband from BT it will not allow me to order FTTC just standard broadband at just over 2Mb. However another person on the street told me that he ordered it through BT Business and got it installed. When Ive checked the BT Business order page it does indeed allow me to place an order...

My question is, can anyone place an order via the Business side? And will the order fail anyway as the cabinet says its got no capacity?

If anyone has any advice it would be gratefully accepted.

Cab 13, CM7 5FQ
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 14-Oct-16 09:57:40
Print Post

Re: FTTC Availability

[re: Jorvik36] [link to this post]

If cabinet is full then yes order will fail and some providers take orders and let it fail or play a delay game hoping cab goes live once more. There is a chance that someone on the waiting list might snap up a released line, e.g. someone moves so their FTTC ceases.

Length of delay depends on what bit of capacity is waiting to be increased.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Jorvik36
(newbie) Fri 14-Oct-16 10:03:56
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply. Its a brand new development of 20 homes, so most people have only just moved in..I checked the openreach can I get fibre and its just says they are looking to increase capacity but no dates... hopefully one of the other older properties connected will move soon wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Fri 14-Oct-16 10:08:58
Print Post

[re: Jorvik36] [link to this post]

In answer to the second question - YES anyone can order a Business line. JUst be awre that it is often more expensive than a consumer one and prices quoted normally exclude VAT. It is unlikely to give you any precedence over others who have ordered and are waiting but at least you will be on the wait list.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
  Print Thread

Jump to