User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User kostasd78
(newbie) Sat 22-Oct-16 00:38:10
Print Post

Cancelled BT Broadband Services - Internet Speed

[link to this post]

Hi all,

i have so many complaints from BT, that i don't know where to start from. From their terrible broadband performance or their customer DON'T Care approach? I tried for months to sort out my low connection issues and NOBODY EVER cared about my case.

So, by the end of last month i decided to cancel the services by giving them a one month notice (i am relocating at the same time so i didn't go with just changing provider). Well, i would never imagine what is going to follow, as i thought i was dealing with a big brand name. Since then my Internet speed is constantly at 0.20 Mbps!! Yes 0.20, not 20... This means i can barely load a light webpage. I started talking to someone on Facebook (they use fb messenger) but soon they stopped reading my messages. Obviously, i have been blocked since they realized i have already cancelled the service...

There is nothing i can do really, other than waiting for the day i will complete my relocation and order a new supplier. I just wanted people to know.

Thanks

Kostas Drosatos
Brentford, London
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 22-Oct-16 06:59:54
Print Post

Re: Cancelled BT Broadband Services - Internet Speed

[re: kostasd78] [link to this post]

Well if your moving can you PM me your current postcode and door number and I will take a look.

I might not see anything worth while, but its worth a look.

BT do have bad support, I have had a few years of bad dealings with BT, a lot of it was to do with getting fibre, which I won't get into, but you won't get anywhere if you don't complain to the high up people.

I ended up getting my local MP involved and also sending a nice polite email with the exact issues to the CEO and Chairman of BT, after then stuff got done.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 - 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up)

Edited by PaulKirby (Sat 22-Oct-16 07:00:26)

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Sat 22-Oct-16 08:21:55
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Ok let's be clear. There is no way BT have reduced your speed as they realised you are leaving. This is purely coincidence here. It is very likely there is a line fault of some sorts or a poor setup in the home.

Anyway, as you are moving have a look at new providers.

BT CS is poor, it is as bad as talktalk in my experience. Their executive team is very good though as others have mentioned.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User onejagjohn
(newbie) Sat 22-Oct-16 09:48:38
Print Post

[re: kostasd78] [link to this post]

Their service varies and I have found that BT have been very helpful - we have just had FTTC enabled in our local cabinet and have just gone live with Infinity 2. Using existing BT smart hub, speeds have gone from 6Mbs to 75Mbs for downloads and upload from 0.36Mbs to 20Mbs. The upgrade was done on the date specified and enabled at 8am with engineer phoning to check all was OK. In the past we had our line repaired within 12 hours when a high lorry severed it across our driveway and overall whilst costing a little more than some, They have been good on service and delivery.
  Print Thread

Jump to