User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Alnath
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 26-Nov-16 00:52:12
Print Post

Smart Hub Firmware SG4B1000223E

[link to this post]

No idea what it breaks or fixes but mine just updated to it.
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 26-Nov-16 04:48:03
Print Post

Re: Smart Hub Firmware SG4B1000223E

[re: Alnath] [link to this post]

Not got that version yet, would be nice to know, but I am hoping it fixes Wi-Fi because its useless right now.

This is what I currently have on mine:
Product name: BT Hub 6A
Firmware version: SG4B10002236
Firmware updated: 24-Oct-2016
Board version: 1.0
Gui version: 1.32.0
WAN: PPP Connected
Software variant: -
Boot loader: 7.33.1

I did speak to BT about this and I was told they don't want to send out another Smart Hub due to that will have the same issue and all it requires is a firmware update to fix it.

But I can see myself buying a new modem / router or maybe try my FRITZ!Box 3390 if BT doesn't resolve this stupid issue with their Stupid Hub due to its not that smart at the moment.

TBH I am rather shocked that BT thinks its fit for use at the moment, I know there is a bug in the My Devices section where it lists all the connected wired and wireless devices, where it cannot display the bandwidth used when it goes over 1 TB.
All it displays is "NaN undefined" looking at the HTML source I can see that it was suppose to display 2.14 TB.

Don't get me wrong, when it works its great, but there are loads of issues that need to be ironed out.

I might see if I can get a BT email address to send the issues that I have found to.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 - 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up)
TBB Speedtest
Standard User Alnath
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 26-Nov-16 10:50:17
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

It is a bit hard for me to say if it has fixed anything because i wasn't have problems with the previous versions. Nothing seems broken though so that's something.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 26-Nov-16 16:36:37
Print Post

Well I know I am getting loads and I really mean loads here of the following:
ppp0:TR69 ConnectionRequest Failed
ppp0:TR69 ConnectionRequest: processing request from ACS

There are still issues when you disable the DHCP due to we run our own here, but when you disable the DHCP it fails to save due to it still wants valid start and end IP ranges, even though its has been disabled.

So its still running stuff and doing checks even though that feature has been disabled.

And the Smart Hub that I have here becomes non-responsive very easy, which results in the Smart Hub being unplugged and plugged back in.

I might try and do a complete factory reset and reset everything back up, I will then see if that resolves the issue.
But that will have to wait until next week.

Paul

TBB Speedtest
Standard User bobstaples
(learned) Tue 29-Nov-16 15:42:39
Print Post

Mine updated last night. So far it seems to have activated BT WiFi broadcast which I've never had with the Smart Hub. IPv6 is now active with this firmware also.
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Nov-16 17:07:54
Print Post

In reply to a post by Alnath:
No idea what it breaks or fixes but mine just updated to it.
Fixes issue I had on one device where it would sometimes not get an IP to certain devices.
Standard User Icaras
(experienced) Tue 29-Nov-16 17:32:00
Print Post

It seems iffy on some Android devices. I'm all Apple and it's been perfect since I got it a few months ago.
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 29-Nov-16 23:51:10
Print Post

[re: Icaras] [link to this post]

I am still waiting for it.

If it goes over the TR69 via requests etc. then I might have an issue due to that is now broken on my Smart Hub where I see huge amounts of the following in the logs (i.e. 41 pages of it]):

23:35:45, 29 Nov. ppp0:TR69 ConnectionRequest Failed
23:35:45, 29 Nov. ppp0:TR69 ConnectionRequest: processing request from ACS

This has been happening since mine got the last firmware of SG4B10002236 back in 24-Oct-2016.

The only time the TR69 connects fine (I think) is when I reboot it, after that initial connection it always fails.

So as far as I know TR69 is uses for checking for updates (I think) so I will never get any updates due to it always fails to connect.

*** update ***
The issue with the android with the firmware I currently have on mine only affects them when they are using the 2.4GHz band, 5GHz band is fine.

I found this out when my Android Tablet (only has 2.4GHz band) was failing to get a Wi-Fi connection where as my Android Smart Phone (has both 2.4 and 5Ghz bands) was fine.

Paul

TBB Speedtest

Edited by PaulKirby (Tue 29-Nov-16 23:54:26)

Standard User Colin_London
(member) Wed 30-Nov-16 22:06:57
Print Post

Mine updated last night.

Now for the same downstream connection speed (67Mbps) I am getting an IP Profile that is 2.5Mbps lower (62.04Mbps instead of 64.78Mbps). This seems to break the 96.69% rule for a G.Inp line.

So I don't know what has happened, whether there are suddenly higher overheads?
Standard User Eldaras
(newbie) Sun 04-Dec-16 09:35:21
Print Post

Hi PaulKirby

Did the factory reset help? My internet has been acting strangely for the last few days and when I logged in the hub, I noticed that the new firmware was installed around the time the connection started to be bumpy.

From a "user" point of view, there are blips in which the (IP) connections just hang and take a few seconds to come back. My Broadband-fu is not really good, so I don't now how to describe this in a more technical term. This is very annoying if you are working from home as all you connections freeze for a few seconds every few minutes :'(, but I haven't seen a pattern yet.

Cheers, e/
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to