User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User robmar0se
(regular) Sat 03-Dec-16 09:27:20
Print Post

BT email issues

[link to this post]

Appears that BT's email problems are getting worse, further the company is not being very open about either admitting the issues or resolving them. I have clients on WLM, Outlook, webmail who are having various issues - not clear to me yet whether these are on the Yahoo or BT mail platforms.

In some cases it is taking a week to receive emails from third parties, in other cases emails attempting to be sent "disappear". Invariably by checking where possible the client system and then on webmail, the problems can be confirmed.

When calling BT about this their standard answer is to blame the System that is sending/receiving rather than admitting to the issue.

I can date this issue to when BT stopped the process of moving from Yahoo to BT servers, however the latest issue on sending emails has happened on the Yahoo servers.

Can we bring this into the open, create "noise" so that BT is forced to recognise the issue, and get some action?
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Sat 03-Dec-16 11:40:17
Print Post

Re: BT email issues

[re: robmar0se] [link to this post]

Probably the best action you can do is to stop using an e-mail service that is tied to your ISP and move instead to one without such ties. Any ISP tied e-mail, regardless of ISP, is in nearly all cases nothing more than a free "add on" for which the ISP provides little or no support.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 03-Dec-16 13:02:49
Print Post

Re: BT email issues

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

I think by clients we can assume customers in general parlance rather than the poster's line of business where "client" is used.

Easy enough to change his email supplier, much harder to get all the people you send to to change theirs.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 60000/15296kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to