User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ukwoody
(experienced) Sun 04-Dec-16 19:15:24
Print Post

Unimpressed and haven't even joined yet!

[link to this post]

After two dire years with the Postoffice we made the decision yesterday to go to BT for phone/bb package as it is the cheapest adsl bb on a market 1 (A) exchange with a 12 month contract.
Blimey what a hassle, Page of forms to fill in then despite already having a line and number, they insisted they had to send out an engineer to connect us. Anyway date was set for the 19 Dec (earliest they can do).
We then got a message this morning to say no engineer visit was necessary (surprise!), ok.
We then had a call to say the phone would be connected on the 19th and an engineer would visit. After getting the foreign man to dbl check he agreed no visit was needed BUT the BB could not be connected on that day and was not able to give me a date when it would be.
So I went onto live chat. OMG
4 depts later I finally got through to New Orders who went through the same rigmarole.
After really pressing him I get told that BT cancelled the BB provison (not able to tell me why) but because there was an open order on the line they cannot add to that so I have to wait until the phone line goes live, then the following day they will issue a request for the bb to be connected which because it will then be just before Christmas they cannot give me a date.
Unbelievable. Do they really want my custom?? This is why I have stayed away from BT for donkeys years but hoped things had got better.
Anyone know of another providor who is cheap and does joint phone/bb on a small rural exchange?
Woody

regards,
Woody (chuntering along in his own inimitable style, using 100 words when 10 would do)
Standard User Michael_Chare
(experienced) Sun 04-Dec-16 20:05:35
Print Post

Re: Unimpressed and haven't even joined yet!

[re: ukwoody] [link to this post]

I have Plusnet at a Market A exchange. I move to them from the Post Office which had appaling back haul. There is also Vodafone FTTC to consider as it is very cheap.

Michael Chare
Standard User ukwoody
(experienced) Sun 04-Dec-16 20:53:49
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

Sadly we are 6km from any fibre and it will hopefully one day be fttp. Plusnet say we are out of their area and the cost is very expensive at £40 pcm for dual phone/bb frown

regards,
Woody (chuntering along in his own inimitable style, using 100 words when 10 would do)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Mon 05-Dec-16 00:58:39
Print Post

Let us know how you get along. I have PMd you.

Overall good choice of ISP for a market A exchange and once it's all smoothed out I think you will be much happier.
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Mon 05-Dec-16 09:49:16
Print Post

Plusnet say we are out of their area and the cost is very expensive at £40 pcm for dual phone/bb

Doesn't seem right after checking out their webpage:- https://www.plus.net/home-broadband

I've been with PN for a few years now and like you the market A exchange is rural and miles away from the house so no FTTC available, never had any b\d issues and the 3Meg connection is as good as it gets.
It can take a while for PN CS to answer the phone but on the few occasions when I've phoned between 7.30am and 8.15am my call has been answered within three to ten minutes.

There is also John Lewis where Plusnet provide the service:- https://www.johnlewisbroadband.com/unlimited/

Edit: Using a cashback site can help to reduce costs initially.

plusnet user

Edited by Apprentice (Mon 05-Dec-16 10:00:36)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 05-Dec-16 10:50:07
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Apprentice:
Plusnet say we are out of their area and the cost is very expensive at £40 pcm for dual phone/bb

Doesn't seem right after checking out their webpage:- https://www.plus.net/home-broadband
The broadband costs £7.50pm more than the banner prices though if out of low cost area (i.e. most Market A areas). See the "Legal bit" at the bottom of pages.

I haven't built up the £40 as messy on an iPad, but perhaps the poster is including things like Anytime calls?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 60000/15321kbps @ 600m. - IPv4-BQM,Dissed New IPv6 BQM, Even newer BQM
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 05-Dec-16 11:23:07
Print Post

Could always try Vodafone...

Now with Vodafone
Twitter
Working on BallZ #GO!
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 05-Dec-16 11:52:28
Print Post

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

Vodafone ADSLx on a non-LLU exchange? Probably not a good idea, even if they supply WBMC.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 60000/15321kbps @ 600m. - IPv4-BQM,Dissed New IPv6 BQM, Even newer BQM
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Mon 05-Dec-16 13:25:47
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I suspect Vodafone on these exchanges will end up like the post office, that is slow and nasty. Time will tell...
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 05-Dec-16 13:29:26
Print Post

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrTAToad2:
Could always try Vodafone...

As a customer, what would you say are their pros and cons?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to