User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User user9825
(newbie) Fri 09-Dec-16 22:54:40
Print Post

Have BT screwed up my line/broadband transfer again?!

[link to this post]

A couple years back i switched to BT from SKY. The phone transfer went ok but it took 2+ weeks to get the broadband up and running. Told myself i wouldn't use them again but they had a decent deal for fibre

So anyway my transfer was due for today but at the moment i have no dial tone and no broadband. However my BT account says both are up and running and i have also received 2 confirmation emails stating same. But as i say nothing is working and the really strange thing is i dialed my home number from my mobile and some bloke answered the phone!

How has someone else got my home number when it was being transferred with the line?

Anyone got any clues?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 09-Dec-16 23:35:30
Print Post

Re: Have BT screwed up my line/broadband transfer again?!

[re: user9825] [link to this post]

Because moving between Sky, (assuming LLU not Sky Connect), and BT requires your phone line to be physically swapped between the two sets of kit in the exchange.

The engineer has moved the wrong connections. Did you ask the chap who answered the phone if his broadband is still OK? That may have stopped as well, but not necessarily particularly if he or you is on a fibre connection.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 60000/15199kbps @ 600m. - IPv4

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 09-Dec-16 23:36:29)

ISP Representative BT_Care
(isp) Sat 10-Dec-16 15:51:17
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hi user9825, I'm really sorry about the problems you've had with your line transfer back to BT. If you need any help with this please get in touch with us on the following link http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Sat 10-Dec-16 16:21:31
Print Post

[re: BT_Care] [link to this post]

I got to say I am impressed that you have posted. As you spend most of your time reading PM's - on the 2 times when I was a BT customer I sent PM's and NEVER got a reply.

So fair play for finally showing that there is someone behind that login after all! (or is that a really good auto reply script?)
Standard User ian007jen
(committed) Sat 10-Dec-16 16:47:30
Print Post

BT-Care has replied to you
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/bt/t/4520390-have-b...
Standard User ian007jen
(committed) Sat 10-Dec-16 16:48:10
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

They replied to Bob not the OP ....DOH
Standard User user9825
(newbie) Sun 11-Dec-16 16:06:40
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Many thanks for the reply.

I contacted BT in the early hours of Saturday morning. After waiting for 30 minutes i was transferred to the Indian call centre. Now no offence to the Indian call centre staff but i could tell while i was speaking the woman she did not understand the fault i was explaining. Yep she raised a fault with the line but it's looks like a standard fault raise to me because today i received the below text from openreach

"Hi openreach here, this is regarding a fault on your line, we have tested it OK now, if it's working fine please reply CLOSE if it's not as REPAIR.. thank you

Now no doubt the line is working fine, trouble is the line isn't connected to my house. I explained all this the Indian call centre but as i say i knew it was going in one ear and out the other

And the cherry on top when i reply to the openreach text with REPAIR it comes up error unable to send the text!. What a joke

I contacted BT again via phone, again through to the Indian call centre. I explained all what happened today. But she kept repeating the standard line your phone will be fixed by the 13th line

Edited by user9825 (Sun 11-Dec-16 16:07:19)

Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Sun 11-Dec-16 16:16:14
Print Post

Swings and roundabouts.

My old ISP is BT and I never knew they were 24/7 but I could never understand them,

My new ISP is 8am=8pm 7 days but I can at least understand warrington accent - and also see on google maps where they are.

And I like that. For me the trade off is worth it.
Standard User kitcat
(experienced) Sun 11-Dec-16 16:41:37
Print Post

user9825

You need to reply to the BT_CARE MESSAGE not RING the Indian Call centre.

"Hi user9825, I'm really sorry about the problems you've had with your line transfer back to BT. If you need any help with this please get in touch with us on the following link http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950 "
Standard User ploddo
(regular) Mon 12-Dec-16 09:04:43
Print Post

[re: kitcat] [link to this post]

He tried it that
'And the cherry on top when i reply to the openreach text with REPAIR it comes up error unable to send the text!. What a joke'
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to