User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Sun 18-Dec-16 10:26:17
Print Post

Re: Smart Hub Firmware SG4B10002244

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
No exactly, the plusnet one hub has smart setup and the 14 day reboot removed...

The One Hub does not crash and gets 100+ days uptime regularly which indicates that if the HH5A did not reboot chances are it would be fine.

Well, even if it is made up, max has shown uptime of 334 I think.
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Mon 19-Dec-16 00:14:22
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Well the latest firmware didn't last long on my line.
Came home to the "green light of death" on the smart hub.

I had a spare smarthub which was causing me issues and threw it out so I'm offline other than mobile data now.

The hub I've had has been flawless until today and I'm worried about the replacement causing me issues... so many people here have had issues.

Regret throwing out the 25+ routers when I moved home now...

Edited by ukhardy07 (Mon 19-Dec-16 00:22:14)

Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 19-Dec-16 00:45:44
Print Post

I had a spare smarthub which was causing me issues and threw it out so I'm offline other than mobile data now.

The hub I've had has been flawless until today and I'm worried about the replacement causing me issues... so many people here have had issues.

How long was it running the latest firmware before the Green Light of Death?

Mines been running for:

Network uptime: 11 Days, 1 Hours 19 Minutes 
 System uptime: 11 Days, 1 Hours 21 Minutes

And 11 days ago was when we got the firmware updated and when I rebooted the hub so that it used the latest firmware.
And is still up running fine, I have noticed our latency has gone up a little.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 - 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up)
TBB Speedtest

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Mon 19-Dec-16 01:07:18
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

It was around 10 days uptime... It had not been turned off since I got the firmware.

I turned the power off to the router when I went out, when I came home it would not turn back on just stuck on a green light.

Apparently a new one will be with me within 2 days. I rang BT at midnight and spoke with a foreign call centre, they put me on hold for 2 minutes and came back informing me a new one was on the way. Absolutely no diagnosis, no troubleshooting, no resetting, as soon as I said it had a green light stuck on they just replaced it. I definitely think it is common and they were told to replace any hub with a green light...

Certainly he knew the green light meant replacement, and in fact he said "ok in this case we need to do no tests."

From start to finish the call was 13 minutes. Just hope it arrives soon.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Mon 19-Dec-16 01:07:39)

Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 19-Dec-16 03:02:32
Print Post

It was around 10 days uptime... It had not been turned off since I got the firmware.

I turned the power off to the router when I went out, when I came home it would not turn back on just stuck on a green light.

Apparently a new one will be with me within 2 days. I rang BT at midnight and spoke with a foreign call centre, they put me on hold for 2 minutes and came back informing me a new one was on the way. Absolutely no diagnosis, no troubleshooting, no resetting, as soon as I said it had a green light stuck on they just replaced it. I definitely think it is common and they were told to replace any hub with a green light...

Certainly he knew the green light meant replacement, and in fact he said "ok in this case we need to do no tests."

Well the Green Light means the Hub is booting up, if it doesn't change from there then its failed to boot up, if it had gone Red then its booted up but got an error.

And if its failed to boot up then there is absolutely no tests that they can even do due to it hasn't connected up to their network.

The over seas call centres are always sending out replacement hub.
You will probably get it sent to you in a hub replacement box where you put in your broken hub to be sent back.

But saying that I still have both my HH4a hubs including the one that was suppose to go back, and they haven't said anything about it.

The way I see it if they want it they can come and pick it up.

BTW have you tried to d a factory reset using a paper clip while powered up.

Paul

TBB Speedtest
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Mon 19-Dec-16 08:49:57
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Yes tried all the basics like reset etc.

BT have actually emailed me asking for the hub back, it is clear I will be charged for it if it's not returned.
Standard User Icaras
(experienced) Mon 19-Dec-16 10:01:56
Print Post

I'm pleased to hear that about the contact centre. I remember arguing with them when my Hub 5 had the static green light. First they wanted me to do all kinds of troubleshooting and then they wanted to charge me!
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 19-Dec-16 14:01:20
Print Post

Yes tried all the basics like reset etc.

BT have actually emailed me asking for the hub back, it is clear I will be charged for it if it's not returned.

When you say reset are you just doing a reboot / reset or a factory reset I.e. using a paper clip by the power connector and power switch?

Ah, then I would send it back, I was never told in an email or verbally that they wanted the hub4 back, only on the box the replacement came in did it say please send the old one back.
But I cannot see BT asking for a hub4 to be returned to be refurbished, to end up being resent out to new customers.

Paul

TBB Speedtest
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 19-Dec-16 14:08:39
Print Post

[re: Icaras] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Icaras:
I'm pleased to hear that about the contact centre. I remember arguing with them when my Hub 5 had the static green light. First they wanted me to do all kinds of troubleshooting and then they wanted to charge me!

Well I know they send out hub4's without any issues, I know when I asked for a replacement for my Smart Hub due to the Wi-Fi just stopped working and the GUI become very sluggish resulting in it having to be reset loads of times, I was lucky due to being on FTTP so the reboots caused no issues.

Anyway BT (I think the chairman's office) said they don't really want to send out another Smart Hub that could end up with the same issue and that it was early days for the Smart Hub and a future firmware update may fix the issue, which it has so far.

Paul

TBB Speedtest
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Mon 19-Dec-16 15:04:46
Print Post

I've got 2 spares if you ever need one just ask smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to