User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ianmcmillan
(member) Tue 20-Dec-16 12:07:28
Print Post

Re: Smart Hub Firmware SG4B10002244

[re: Alnath] [link to this post]

Is anyone else finding SG4B10002244 breaks DHCP?

I haven't had a stable connection on any local devices since the update unless I assign them a static IP address locally (not via the Smart Hub). Of course, that isn't possible with all devices.

12 days and two replacement Smart Hubs later (both of which work out of the box until 2244 is forced upon them), BT support are going round in circles and not escalating the issue.
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 25-Dec-16 08:35:44
Print Post

[re: ianmcmillan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ianmcmillan:
Is anyone else finding SG4B10002244 breaks DHCP?

I haven't had a stable connection on any local devices since the update unless I assign them a static IP address locally (not via the Smart Hub). Of course, that isn't possible with all devices.

12 days and two replacement Smart Hubs later (both of which work out of the box until 2244 is forced upon them), BT support are going round in circles and not escalating the issue.

Well mine was updated to the following on the 22nd December with the following:

Product name: BT Hub 6A
Firmware version: SG4B10002244
Firmware updated: 22-Dec-2016
Board version: 1.0
Gui version: 1.32.0
WAN: PPP Connected
Software variant: -
Boot loader: 7.33.1

As for issues with DHCP, I run my own DHCP Service so I wouldn't know.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 - 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up)
TBB Speedtest
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Sun 25-Dec-16 09:08:20
Print Post

[re: ianmcmillan] [link to this post]

No issues over here on my new one have you tried resetting it?

My old one had issues allocating DHCP after the firmware update but then it wouldn't boot up when it restarted... might be worth calling BT smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Sun 25-Dec-16 09:08:56
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Appreciate that mate smile
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 25-Dec-16 09:09:25
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

A quick question about IPv6 ?
Anyone with firmware SG4B10002244, does yours have IPv6 working?

I had IPv6 before this firmware and now it says the following:
Hub IPv6 status: Enabled
IPv6 network status: Disabled

IPv6 WAN details
Global unicast address: Not available
Global unicast prefix / length: Not available
Link local address: hidden
Remote link local address: hidden
DNS: Not available

This is really annoying, you get everything working as you want it and BT breaks it.

Then after several reboots of the Smart Hub it comes back to life with IPv6, very strange.

*** update ***
Ah, ok, it seems that IPv6 takes a little while to kick in and took several reboots for it to work.

Now I am glad I have FTTP, if I was on FTTC I probably would of lost a load of speed due to all the reboots after each other.

I might actually try my Fritz!Box 3390 later in the week, if I remember that is.

Paul

TBB Speedtest

Edited by PaulKirby (Sun 25-Dec-16 09:13:45)

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Sun 25-Dec-16 14:39:45
Print Post

The updates often turn off IPv6 for me for a short while.

I feel like BT update these hubs far far more than Sky and TalkTalk ever did, do you agree?

With BT there's always a reason the thing is restarting, 14 days uptime, updates, unknown (literally just does it for no noticeable reason sometimes).
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 25-Dec-16 16:36:07
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
The updates often turn off IPv6 for me for a short while.

I feel like BT update these hubs far far more than Sky and TalkTalk ever did, do you agree?

With BT there's always a reason the thing is restarting, 14 days uptime, updates, unknown (literally just does it for no noticeable reason sometimes).

Well ours was updated on the 22nd December and IPv6 still wasn't enabled today, it took several reboots for it to enable it a several mins after it booted up.

So something isn't right, or maybe not all connection are capable for IPv6.

Well I wouldn't know about TT due to I have never used them.

We used Sky as one of our ADSL 2+ providers before, but that was when you brought BE, so we was allowed to use our own equipment which never rebooted at all.

The only issue we had with Sky was they capped our connection to 3.5 Mbps even though we was getting a stable 6Mbps with BE, my guesses was it was them forcing us to a newer package, but we just ended up leaving them and now that copper line is now no longer in use.

Hmm, there a thought, I wonder if BT would install another FTTP connection here LOL.
Only kidding.

Paul

TBB Speedtest

Edited by PaulKirby (Sun 25-Dec-16 16:39:02)

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Sun 25-Dec-16 17:29:31
Print Post

My Sky Hub (white fist gen) used to get 1200+ hours uptime often, there was maybe a firmware change once or twice a year at most.

The second gen SR102 would reboot multiple times a day and fail to let new devices connect once the wireless devices reached around 16+ connected devices, it was a rubbish router.

My TalkTalk routers have had over 6 months of uptime, the HG635.

At the end of my contract in November if the price goes up a lot I will pop back to TalkTalk and use my old HG635 which I have somewhere in a box.
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 25-Dec-16 22:46:24
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
My Sky Hub (white fist gen) used to get 1200+ hours uptime often, there was maybe a firmware change once or twice a year at most.

The second gen SR102 would reboot multiple times a day and fail to let new devices connect once the wireless devices reached around 16+ connected devices, it was a rubbish router.

My TalkTalk routers have had over 6 months of uptime, the HG635.

At the end of my contract in November if the price goes up a lot I will pop back to TalkTalk and use my old HG635 which I have somewhere in a box.

Well we have never had any ISP Branded hubs, we have always used brought ones which was setup to work with that ISP etc, and these hubs never got any firmware updates, so I cannot say, but they never rebooted unless we told it to or when it lost sync.

As for hopping onto another ISP if you can then great, sadly we cannot due to being FTTP, so we are limited to using BT due to them being the cheapest and supplying FTTP with the option that we wanted.

We could of went with Zen who I really liked, but sadly we would have to of paid over twice the price we pay with BT.

Paul

TBB Speedtest
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Mon 26-Dec-16 00:16:26
Print Post

Yeah I find my BT broadband flawless connection wise, the only reason I would move is ultimately cost.

I've used a mix of ISP and non ISP devices as I like to play around, I am relatively stuck with the homehub now for the BT TV multicast which is not supported by most other devices. That said I have no actual issues with the smarthub it's one of my favourite ISP supplied devices.

How do you find FTTH, what pings do you get?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to