User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Alnath
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 15-Dec-16 11:43:40
Print Post

Smart Hub Firmware SG4B10002244

[link to this post]

Again i have no idea what it does but it updated to it in the night.
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Thu 15-Dec-16 11:46:02
Print Post

Re: Smart Hub Firmware SG4B10002244

[re: Alnath] [link to this post]

usually adds improvements.

I am still on SG4B1000223E which was updated 6th December.

Edited by 23Prince (Thu 15-Dec-16 11:46:54)

Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 15-Dec-16 18:23:30
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
usually adds improvements.

I am still on SG4B1000223E which was updated 6th December.

Same, but mine was downloaded on 07-Dec-2016 about 5:05am where I saw it in the logs, but I had to tell it to do a reboot due to it hadn't rebooted.

After reboot I had the new firmware, and I can say we haven't had Wi-Fi drop out on us since the 7th, I know its only been a week, so maybe time will tell.

This is what mine says at the moment:

Product name: BT Hub 6A
Firmware version: SG4B1000223E
Firmware updated: 07-Dec-2016
Board version: 1.0
Gui version: 1.32.0
WAN: PPP Connected
Software variant: -
Boot loader: 7.33.1

There are still loads of issues on it, I just haven't got around to phoning the FTTP Faults team with the issues due to I hate sitting in the BT queue for 40 mins to an hour.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 - 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up)
TBB Speedtest

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 17-Dec-16 18:22:55
Print Post

Not sure the Type B is being sent out yet but I've got....

Product name:Smart Hub
Firmware version:v0.07.00.11184-BT
Firmware updated:Mon Nov 28 16:19:30 2016

BT Infinity 2 using Smart Hub - Type B
TBB Speedtest
My Broadband Ping

Edited by BuckleZ (Sat 17-Dec-16 18:24:56)

Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 17-Dec-16 18:24:05
Print Post

[re: BuckleZ] [link to this post]

one thing i've noticed though,

DSL uptime:19 days,01 Hours59 Mins05 Secs

With the 5A and 6A - i tended to never get over 14days connected.

BT Infinity 2 using Smart Hub - Type B
TBB Speedtest
My Broadband Ping
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Sat 17-Dec-16 22:16:36
Print Post

[re: BuckleZ] [link to this post]

Yes that also seemed to be sorted, in my case anyway, by turning off FON. That stopped the reboots for me on the Hub B. I never had a problem with the Hub 6 however
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 18-Dec-16 00:55:20
Print Post

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
Yes that also seemed to be sorted, in my case anyway, by turning off FON. That stopped the reboots for me on the Hub B. I never had a problem with the Hub 6 however

There is no link in the disabling of BT FON also called BT Wi-Fi and the 14 day reboot.

We have had BT FON disabled from the day we joined BT due to our connection was bad as it was, so we wanted all that we could.

And our Hub 4A was rebooting every 14 days give or take a few hours.

As for the 14 day reboot of hubs 3, 4 and 5 I think its down to bad design and the 14 day reboot stops the hub getting to a bad state resulting in a lock up.

Not too sure if the Smart Hub does the same 14 day reboot, I know it has done a couple of reboots, but that was for firmware updates and all the other updates was me doing loads of reboots for various reasons.

At this current time mines been connected for:

Network uptime: 10 Days, 1 Hours 31 Minutes 
 System uptime: 10 Days, 1 Hours 33 Minutes

So another 4 or so days to go.

Paul

TBB Speedtest
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Sun 18-Dec-16 01:09:57
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

I don't even think the firmware is buggy...

The plusnet hub is a rebranded homehub 5A and doesn't reboot, many users get over 100 days uptime with it.
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 18-Dec-16 03:59:41
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
I don't even think the firmware is buggy...

The plusnet hub is a rebranded homehub 5A and doesn't reboot, many users get over 100 days uptime with it.

The rebranding "might" also remove the reboot.

I know for 100% that both of my Home Hub 4A did its reboots every 14 days no matter how stable your connection was.

Going by what's been posted on here and the BT Forums and who I have spoken to at BT they all have the reboot issue and its does that for stability (so BT tell me), maybe phusnet does something different, who knows.

But all in all, I have never had a Home Hub 5, so I cannot be 100% sure.

Saying that, overall the Smart Hub despite its Wi-Fi issues and the odd cosmetic bugs, its the best one I have used so far, I still prefer my Fritz!Box 3390 over the Smart Hub due to the Smart Hub is so locked down.

Paul

TBB Speedtest
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Sun 18-Dec-16 09:41:10
Print Post

No exactly, the plusnet one hub has smart setup and the 14 day reboot removed...

The One Hub does not crash and gets 100+ days uptime regularly which indicates that if the HH5A did not reboot chances are it would be fine.
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Sun 18-Dec-16 10:26:17
Print Post

No exactly, the plusnet one hub has smart setup and the 14 day reboot removed...

The One Hub does not crash and gets 100+ days uptime regularly which indicates that if the HH5A did not reboot chances are it would be fine.

Well, even if it is made up, max has shown uptime of 334 I think.
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Mon 19-Dec-16 00:14:22
Print Post

Well the latest firmware didn't last long on my line.
Came home to the "green light of death" on the smart hub.

I had a spare smarthub which was causing me issues and threw it out so I'm offline other than mobile data now.

The hub I've had has been flawless until today and I'm worried about the replacement causing me issues... so many people here have had issues.

Regret throwing out the 25+ routers when I moved home now...

Edited by ukhardy07 (Mon 19-Dec-16 00:22:14)

Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 19-Dec-16 00:45:44
Print Post

I had a spare smarthub which was causing me issues and threw it out so I'm offline other than mobile data now.

The hub I've had has been flawless until today and I'm worried about the replacement causing me issues... so many people here have had issues.

How long was it running the latest firmware before the Green Light of Death?

Mines been running for:

Network uptime: 11 Days, 1 Hours 19 Minutes 
 System uptime: 11 Days, 1 Hours 21 Minutes

And 11 days ago was when we got the firmware updated and when I rebooted the hub so that it used the latest firmware.
And is still up running fine, I have noticed our latency has gone up a little.

Paul

TBB Speedtest
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Mon 19-Dec-16 01:07:18
Print Post

It was around 10 days uptime... It had not been turned off since I got the firmware.

I turned the power off to the router when I went out, when I came home it would not turn back on just stuck on a green light.

Apparently a new one will be with me within 2 days. I rang BT at midnight and spoke with a foreign call centre, they put me on hold for 2 minutes and came back informing me a new one was on the way. Absolutely no diagnosis, no troubleshooting, no resetting, as soon as I said it had a green light stuck on they just replaced it. I definitely think it is common and they were told to replace any hub with a green light...

Certainly he knew the green light meant replacement, and in fact he said "ok in this case we need to do no tests."

From start to finish the call was 13 minutes. Just hope it arrives soon.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Mon 19-Dec-16 01:07:39)

Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 19-Dec-16 03:02:32
Print Post

It was around 10 days uptime... It had not been turned off since I got the firmware.

I turned the power off to the router when I went out, when I came home it would not turn back on just stuck on a green light.

Apparently a new one will be with me within 2 days. I rang BT at midnight and spoke with a foreign call centre, they put me on hold for 2 minutes and came back informing me a new one was on the way. Absolutely no diagnosis, no troubleshooting, no resetting, as soon as I said it had a green light stuck on they just replaced it. I definitely think it is common and they were told to replace any hub with a green light...

Certainly he knew the green light meant replacement, and in fact he said "ok in this case we need to do no tests."

Well the Green Light means the Hub is booting up, if it doesn't change from there then its failed to boot up, if it had gone Red then its booted up but got an error.

And if its failed to boot up then there is absolutely no tests that they can even do due to it hasn't connected up to their network.

The over seas call centres are always sending out replacement hub.
You will probably get it sent to you in a hub replacement box where you put in your broken hub to be sent back.

But saying that I still have both my HH4a hubs including the one that was suppose to go back, and they haven't said anything about it.

The way I see it if they want it they can come and pick it up.

BTW have you tried to d a factory reset using a paper clip while powered up.

Paul

TBB Speedtest
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Mon 19-Dec-16 08:49:57
Print Post

Yes tried all the basics like reset etc.

BT have actually emailed me asking for the hub back, it is clear I will be charged for it if it's not returned.
Standard User Icaras
(experienced) Mon 19-Dec-16 10:01:56
Print Post

I'm pleased to hear that about the contact centre. I remember arguing with them when my Hub 5 had the static green light. First they wanted me to do all kinds of troubleshooting and then they wanted to charge me!
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 19-Dec-16 14:01:20
Print Post

Yes tried all the basics like reset etc.

BT have actually emailed me asking for the hub back, it is clear I will be charged for it if it's not returned.

When you say reset are you just doing a reboot / reset or a factory reset I.e. using a paper clip by the power connector and power switch?

Ah, then I would send it back, I was never told in an email or verbally that they wanted the hub4 back, only on the box the replacement came in did it say please send the old one back.
But I cannot see BT asking for a hub4 to be returned to be refurbished, to end up being resent out to new customers.

Paul

TBB Speedtest
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 19-Dec-16 14:08:39
Print Post

[re: Icaras] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Icaras:
I'm pleased to hear that about the contact centre. I remember arguing with them when my Hub 5 had the static green light. First they wanted me to do all kinds of troubleshooting and then they wanted to charge me!

Well I know they send out hub4's without any issues, I know when I asked for a replacement for my Smart Hub due to the Wi-Fi just stopped working and the GUI become very sluggish resulting in it having to be reset loads of times, I was lucky due to being on FTTP so the reboots caused no issues.

Anyway BT (I think the chairman's office) said they don't really want to send out another Smart Hub that could end up with the same issue and that it was early days for the Smart Hub and a future firmware update may fix the issue, which it has so far.

Paul

TBB Speedtest
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Mon 19-Dec-16 15:04:46
Print Post

I've got 2 spares if you ever need one just ask smile
Standard User ianmcmillan
(member) Tue 20-Dec-16 12:07:28
Print Post

Is anyone else finding SG4B10002244 breaks DHCP?

I haven't had a stable connection on any local devices since the update unless I assign them a static IP address locally (not via the Smart Hub). Of course, that isn't possible with all devices.

12 days and two replacement Smart Hubs later (both of which work out of the box until 2244 is forced upon them), BT support are going round in circles and not escalating the issue.
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 25-Dec-16 08:35:44
Print Post

[re: ianmcmillan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ianmcmillan:
Is anyone else finding SG4B10002244 breaks DHCP?

I haven't had a stable connection on any local devices since the update unless I assign them a static IP address locally (not via the Smart Hub). Of course, that isn't possible with all devices.

12 days and two replacement Smart Hubs later (both of which work out of the box until 2244 is forced upon them), BT support are going round in circles and not escalating the issue.

Well mine was updated to the following on the 22nd December with the following:

Product name: BT Hub 6A
Firmware version: SG4B10002244
Firmware updated: 22-Dec-2016
Board version: 1.0
Gui version: 1.32.0
WAN: PPP Connected
Software variant: -
Boot loader: 7.33.1

As for issues with DHCP, I run my own DHCP Service so I wouldn't know.

Paul

TBB Speedtest
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Sun 25-Dec-16 09:08:20
Print Post

[re: ianmcmillan] [link to this post]

No issues over here on my new one have you tried resetting it?

My old one had issues allocating DHCP after the firmware update but then it wouldn't boot up when it restarted... might be worth calling BT smile
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Sun 25-Dec-16 09:08:56
Print Post

Appreciate that mate smile
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 25-Dec-16 09:09:25
Print Post

A quick question about IPv6 ?
Anyone with firmware SG4B10002244, does yours have IPv6 working?

I had IPv6 before this firmware and now it says the following:
Hub IPv6 status: Enabled
IPv6 network status: Disabled

IPv6 WAN details
Global unicast address: Not available
Global unicast prefix / length: Not available
Link local address: hidden
Remote link local address: hidden
DNS: Not available

This is really annoying, you get everything working as you want it and BT breaks it.

Then after several reboots of the Smart Hub it comes back to life with IPv6, very strange.

*** update ***
Ah, ok, it seems that IPv6 takes a little while to kick in and took several reboots for it to work.

Now I am glad I have FTTP, if I was on FTTC I probably would of lost a load of speed due to all the reboots after each other.

I might actually try my Fritz!Box 3390 later in the week, if I remember that is.

Paul

TBB Speedtest

Edited by PaulKirby (Sun 25-Dec-16 09:13:45)

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Sun 25-Dec-16 14:39:45
Print Post

The updates often turn off IPv6 for me for a short while.

I feel like BT update these hubs far far more than Sky and TalkTalk ever did, do you agree?

With BT there's always a reason the thing is restarting, 14 days uptime, updates, unknown (literally just does it for no noticeable reason sometimes).
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 25-Dec-16 16:36:07
Print Post

The updates often turn off IPv6 for me for a short while.

I feel like BT update these hubs far far more than Sky and TalkTalk ever did, do you agree?

With BT there's always a reason the thing is restarting, 14 days uptime, updates, unknown (literally just does it for no noticeable reason sometimes).

Well ours was updated on the 22nd December and IPv6 still wasn't enabled today, it took several reboots for it to enable it a several mins after it booted up.

So something isn't right, or maybe not all connection are capable for IPv6.

Well I wouldn't know about TT due to I have never used them.

We used Sky as one of our ADSL 2+ providers before, but that was when you brought BE, so we was allowed to use our own equipment which never rebooted at all.

The only issue we had with Sky was they capped our connection to 3.5 Mbps even though we was getting a stable 6Mbps with BE, my guesses was it was them forcing us to a newer package, but we just ended up leaving them and now that copper line is now no longer in use.

Hmm, there a thought, I wonder if BT would install another FTTP connection here LOL.
Only kidding.

Paul

TBB Speedtest

Edited by PaulKirby (Sun 25-Dec-16 16:39:02)

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Sun 25-Dec-16 17:29:31
Print Post

My Sky Hub (white fist gen) used to get 1200+ hours uptime often, there was maybe a firmware change once or twice a year at most.

The second gen SR102 would reboot multiple times a day and fail to let new devices connect once the wireless devices reached around 16+ connected devices, it was a rubbish router.

My TalkTalk routers have had over 6 months of uptime, the HG635.

At the end of my contract in November if the price goes up a lot I will pop back to TalkTalk and use my old HG635 which I have somewhere in a box.
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 25-Dec-16 22:46:24
Print Post

My Sky Hub (white fist gen) used to get 1200+ hours uptime often, there was maybe a firmware change once or twice a year at most.

The second gen SR102 would reboot multiple times a day and fail to let new devices connect once the wireless devices reached around 16+ connected devices, it was a rubbish router.

My TalkTalk routers have had over 6 months of uptime, the HG635.

At the end of my contract in November if the price goes up a lot I will pop back to TalkTalk and use my old HG635 which I have somewhere in a box.

Well we have never had any ISP Branded hubs, we have always used brought ones which was setup to work with that ISP etc, and these hubs never got any firmware updates, so I cannot say, but they never rebooted unless we told it to or when it lost sync.

As for hopping onto another ISP if you can then great, sadly we cannot due to being FTTP, so we are limited to using BT due to them being the cheapest and supplying FTTP with the option that we wanted.

We could of went with Zen who I really liked, but sadly we would have to of paid over twice the price we pay with BT.

Paul

TBB Speedtest
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Mon 26-Dec-16 00:16:26
Print Post

Yeah I find my BT broadband flawless connection wise, the only reason I would move is ultimately cost.

I've used a mix of ISP and non ISP devices as I like to play around, I am relatively stuck with the homehub now for the BT TV multicast which is not supported by most other devices. That said I have no actual issues with the smarthub it's one of my favourite ISP supplied devices.

How do you find FTTH, what pings do you get?
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 26-Dec-16 03:18:42
Print Post

How do you find FTTH, what pings do you get?

Not too bad, just pinged TBB with IPv4 and IPv6 shown below:
ping thinkbroadband.com

Pinging thinkbroadband.com [2a02:68:1::4] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 2a02:68:1::4: time=6ms
Reply from 2a02:68:1::4: time=5ms

Ping statistics for 2a02:68:1::4:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 5ms, Maximum = 6ms, Average = 5ms

ping -4 thinkbroadband.com

Pinging thinkbroadband.com [80.249.99.130] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 80.249.99.130: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=53
Reply from 80.249.99.130: bytes=32 time=4ms TTL=53

Ping statistics for 80.249.99.130:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 4ms, Maximum = 5ms, Average = 4ms

This was done before the one in my sig:
Previous TBB Speedtest (18th Dec)

The one in my sig was done on the 25th in the morning before IPv6 kicked in.

So all in all its not too bad considering it use to be between 29 and 40 ms when we was on ADSL 2+.

Paul

TBB Speedtest

Edited by PaulKirby (Mon 26-Dec-16 03:20:38)

Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 02-Jan-17 15:25:51
Print Post

A quick question?

Has anyone got a newer firmware than the current SG4B10002244 version on their Smart Hub ?

I ask because I am starting to get TR69 binary messages and I only got loads of those before when I received a new firmware update.

So I was wondering if anyone had a newer firmware yet?

Paul

TBB Speedtest
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Mon 02-Jan-17 15:40:02
Print Post

Nope and I have a new router which only applies all its firmware upgrades today. I'd have assumed it would have pushed me to a newer version if available...

Also nothing has came through over on the BT forums or testing that I can see.
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Mon 02-Jan-17 16:11:42
Print Post

I ask because I am starting to get TR69 binary messages and I only got loads of those before when I received a new firmware update.
I'm also seeing a raft of TR69 events. They started late 31 Dec (4), a fair few yesterday and 16 so far today with the majority of those just before 3am.

Example:
02:49:24, 02 Jan. ppp1:TR69 connectivity to (pbthdm.bt.mo) has been closed
02:49:24, 02 Jan. ppp1:TR69 connectivity to (pbthdm.bt.mo) has been initiated
02:49:24, 02 Jan. InformResponse:TR69 receiving ȴ������
)c+�� message
02:49:23, 02 Jan. ppp1:TR69 event found : 4 VALUE CHANGE
02:49:23, 02 Jan. ppp1:TR69 event found : 2 PERIODIC
02:49:22, 02 Jan. ppp1:TR69 sending Inform message
02:49:22, 02 Jan. ppp1:TR69 event found : 4 VALUE CHANGE
02:49:22, 02 Jan. ppp1:TR69 event found : 2 PERIODIC
02:49:21, 02 Jan. ppp1:TR69 sending Inform message
02:49:20, 02 Jan. ppp1:TR69 creating new session with ACS

I have to admit to not knowing what most of these mean.
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 02-Jan-17 19:33:25
Print Post

Nope and I have a new router which only applies all its firmware upgrades today. I'd have assumed it would have pushed me to a newer version if available...

Also nothing has came through over on the BT forums or testing that I can see.

Ah, ok.

Paul

TBB Speedtest
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 02-Jan-17 19:49:51
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MCM:
I have to admit to not knowing what most of these mean.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was getting before the last update.
However back then I saw the following messages in the logs:

"TR69 sending DownloadResponse message" and "Download:TR69 receiving"

So its probably not an update yet.

I also got it on the Jan 2nd but at 09:03 in the morning.

What I have noticed is that they have cleared the log, so I can only go back to 12:18:33 31 Dec.

Do a view all and save the log, then open in excel scroll down to the bottom, what's your earliest date?

Paul

TBB Speedtest
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Mon 02-Jan-17 20:39:54
Print Post

Certainly something seems to be happening with the logs as earlier, as I mentioned, I could see four TR69 entries dated 31 December however the earliest entry in the log of any type is now:

04:01:53 01 Jan. BR_LAN:LAN Neighbor Discovery : Host xxxx is set active

The SmartHub last started 8 Days 17 Hours 50 minutes ago. Which may have been when 2244 was installed but I seem to think it rebooted again the next day for some unknown reason.
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 02-Jan-17 22:53:38
Print Post

Certainly something seems to be happening with the logs as earlier, as I mentioned, I could see four TR69 entries dated 31 December however the earliest entry in the log of any type is now:

04:01:53 01 Jan. BR_LAN:LAN Neighbor Discovery : Host xxxx is set active

The SmartHub last started 8 Days 17 Hours 50 minutes ago. Which may have been when 2244 was installed but I seem to think it rebooted again the next day for some unknown reason.

Well mine was updated on the Firmware updated: 22-Dec-2016 I did do a reboot for it to boot up with the new firmware due to it hadn't rebooted.
And also rebooted on the 24th or 25th Dec due to no IPv6 and some sluggish happenings.

Says the following up time:

Network uptime: 8 Days, 13 Hours 51 Minutes 
 System uptime: 8 Days, 13 Hours 52 Minutes

Also a reboot doesn't clear the logs, if it did then how comes I don't have logs dating back to the 24th or the 25th of December ?

I just did another exporting on the logs and it seems that its only logging about 47 hours of logs, how stupid is that, the HH4 had logs that dated weeks even months on some logs.

Paul

TBB Speedtest
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Wed 04-Jan-17 01:46:37
Print Post

I just did another exporting on the logs and it seems that its only logging about 47 hours of logs, how stupid is that, the HH4 had logs that dated weeks even months on some logs.
I don't think that it is time that is controlling how long the logs are kept but rather the volume of entries. I'm currently seeing 17,252 entries covering a period of 44hrs 56 mins.

I think the problem started when ipv6 was enabled as 13,041 of the 17,252 entries are:
BR_LAN:LAN Neighbor Discovery : Host fe80::xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx is set inactive
and that before ipv6 was enabled the log "life" would have been much longer.
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 04-Jan-17 15:22:29
Print Post

I don't think that it is time that is controlling how long the logs are kept but rather the volume of entries. I'm currently seeing 17,252 entries covering a period of 44hrs 56 mins.

I think the problem started when ipv6 was enabled as 13,041 of the 17,252 entries are:
BR_LAN:LAN Neighbor Discovery : Host fe80::xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx is set inactive
and that before ipv6 was enabled the log "life" would have been much longer.

Well I have exported it a few times now, one being ~14K logs and another being ~16K, it might be a file size or might be a combination of file size / items / length.

I just thought it was strange being very close to 47 hours and I mean very close.

Maybe its intentional for the smart hub to remove old logs, maybe this was to make it more stable and maybe that's why the HH4 and other HH had to do their 14 day reboot?

I know BT told me it was for stability of the hub, so maybe this was true.

But yeah there is huge amounts of those types of logs.

I think I will give it a few more days or until the weekend and check again.

Paul

TBB Speedtest
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Thu 05-Jan-17 01:36:28
Print Post

It's weird my hub shows the firmware as upgraded on 4th Jan 2017, but the firmware version has stayed the same at SG4B10002244... How strange.
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 05-Jan-17 11:55:21
Print Post

It's weird my hub shows the firmware as upgraded on 4th Jan 2017, but the firmware version has stayed the same at SG4B10002244... How strange.

When was it last rebooted?
It might not of restarted, so it might of been upgraded, but requires a reboot for the new firmware to take effect.

My one got upgraded to SG4B10002244 and had it for a few days before I realised and for some reason it hadn't rebooted itself, so it was stating the old version until I rebooted it.

Paul

TBB Speedtest
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 12-Jan-17 20:49:19
Print Post

Ok, it seems that my Smart Hub rebooted 00:10 this morning with the following in the logs:
00:10:25, 12 Jan. ppp0:Connection to the Internet has been terminated.(Reboot,Reconfiguration,forced termination)

This is the first time I have seen this log due to the smart hub seems to empty its logs just under 2 days.

Paul

TBB Speedtest
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Thu 12-Jan-17 23:44:01
Print Post

Yep, I am fairly sure they all reboot even a device I used as an AP would reboot.

I got to 21 days once in the past, but that almost certainly was some kind or error.

I have just got a Netgear D6400 but the wireless is quite a bit worse than the SmartHub so not sure what to do.
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 13-Jan-17 00:20:32
Print Post

Yep, I am fairly sure they all reboot even a device I used as an AP would reboot.

I got to 21 days once in the past, but that almost certainly was some kind or error.

Well I don't think its a reboot due to the information below:
Connection status: Connected 

BT Broadband /
BT Infinity /
BT Infinity 3 and 4: BT Infinity 3 and 4
Serial number: ---
Network uptime: 0 Days, 23 Hours 50 Minutes 
System uptime: 9 Days, 10 Hours 16 Minutes 
BT Wi-fi status: Not active

When the Smart Hub does a reboot both Network and System uptimes are reset, but as you can see only the Network uptime has been reset.
The connection was down though for at least 5 mins with loads of PPPoE error: timeout so something happened.
I have just got a Netgear D6400 but the wireless is quite a bit worse than the SmartHub so not sure what to do.

TBH I was really hoping the Netgear device was going to be good, if my FRITZ!Box 3390 wasn't good enough bandwidth wise for my connection I was going to look into one of those as well or a Netgear D7x00 series.

Paul

TBB Speedtest
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Fri 13-Jan-17 00:34:20
Print Post

Smarthub has an RSSI of -54dBm and TX rate: 1053Mbps
Netgear has an RSSI of -64dBm and TX rate of below 400Mbps consistently.
Same location...
Using the same channel and 80Mhz channel width.

Generally quite a bit disappointing to have worse wireless by quite a big margin.

It works fine with BT TV though and extremely easy setup. You just select ISP BT and it asks "do you want to enable BT TV?" All Youview channels stream just fine. I was setup in less than 5 minutes.

For now though I'm back on the Smarthub.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Fri 13-Jan-17 00:36:09)

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sat 04-Feb-17 04:42:50
Print Post

Well just an update, it seems that my Smart Hub has kept its connection for just over 19 days so far shown below:

Network uptime: 19 Days, 6 Hours 50 Minutes 
System uptime: 19 Days, 6 Hours 52 Minutes 

So I guess I will have to check again in the next few days.

Paul

TBB Speedtest
Standard User Alnath
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 14-Mar-17 10:32:06
Print Post

In reply to a post by Alnath:

Well this is weird, i posted that on the 15th of December and just now this happened

Firmware version:
SG4B10002244

Firmware updated:
14-Mar-2017

its the same firmware as was installed just about 3 months ago.
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Mar-17 10:50:15
Print Post

Did you reset the hub? That's what typically causes that to show.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Mar-17 19:16:44
Print Post

Well this is weird, i posted that on the 15th of December and just now this happened

Firmware version:
SG4B10002244

Firmware updated:
14-Mar-2017

its the same firmware as was installed just about 3 months ago.

Maybe it got a new firmware and then reverted back to the previous version.

Mine is still using that firmware I got back in December shown below:

Network uptime: 27 Days, 22 Hours 19 Minutes 
System uptime: 27 Days, 22 Hours 21 Minutes 

At least there isn't the 14 day reboot smile

Paul

TBB Speedtest
Standard User Alnath
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 15-Mar-17 09:49:32
Print Post

Did you reset the hub? That's what typically causes that to show.

No mate it just did a 14 day restart jobbie, probably just a bug.
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Wed 15-Mar-17 16:27:31
Print Post

I'm running a few tests of ways to stop the 14 day cycle. If I get anywhere shall report back.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Wed 15-Mar-17 23:03:14
Print Post

I'm running a few tests of ways to stop the 14 day cycle. If I get anywhere shall report back.

Mines been connected for over 29 days now:

Network uptime: 29 Days, 2 Hours 6 Minutes 
System uptime: 29 Days, 2 Hours 8 Minutes 

It would of been running longer but I was playing about with different locations for the Smart Hub.

Maybe its due to I have the Smart Hub connected via PPP over the WAN port?

Paul

TBB Speedtest
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Fri 17-Mar-17 10:56:03
Print Post

Ok, I just noticed that my Smart Hub had rebooted 9pm last night.

So the Smart Hub in my case was running for a Month.

Paul

TBB Speedtest
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to