User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mooo
(experienced) Fri 30-Dec-16 00:25:54
Print Post

Line Stats Question

[link to this post]

When I signed up to the FTTC Infinaty service two months ago. I was told I get minimum guranteed speeds of 35Mb. On activation I was getting 26Mb.

Since then I had two phone fault (no dial tone) this was caused by someone who didn't wire up my telephone line to the apartment DP correctly. Then the same fault reappeared a couple weeks later but this was resolved without a engineer visit.

Now the speeds have improved around the 31Mb mark. Is there any room for improvement. The last OR engineer who attended has told me its unlikely to increase further due to the distance from the FTTC cabinet.

Here is a posting of my line stats. The connection has been rock solid so far its maintained a connection for over five days so far. I want to know based on my line stats is this correct?

DSL uptime:
5 Days, 15 Hours 8 Minutes 24 Seconds
Data rate:
7.43 kbps / 31.80 kbps
Maximum data rate:
7433 / 30880
Noise margin:
6.2 / 6.3
Line attenuation:

Moocrazy
Be Unlimited ADSL 2+ 24Mb
Sky Broadband
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Fri 30-Dec-16 09:08:42
Print Post

Re: Line Stats Question

[re: mooo] [link to this post]

With a 6.3 dB noise margin any change is unlikely,

Where did the "guarantee" come from. Very few ISPs, if any, with guarantee a minimum speed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 30-Dec-16 12:27:07
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

BT (the OP's ISP) do apparently.

AIUI not a guarantee that you will get that speed, but that you can leave without penalty if you don't.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/16365Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mooo
(experienced) Fri 30-Dec-16 16:18:07
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thank you for your feedback.

I just realised I need to update my forum signature lol

Besides getting 31Mb mark. The connection has been rock solid, no drop outs etc.

BT called to say they are waiting for a OR engineer report before sending the case back to the Customer Options Team. They did mention if it cannot be improved then I can leave without penalty. There no point in moving to another provider and I can't get Virgin Media.

To be honest I might be cheeky and ask for a discount instead laugh

Moocrazy
Be Unlimited ADSL 2+ 24Mb
Sky Broadband
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 30-Dec-16 17:44:17
Print Post

[re: mooo] [link to this post]

Sounds like a plan smile.

Don't forget the sig change.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/16365Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
  Print Thread

Jump to