User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User idgam
(member) Tue 03-Jan-17 21:25:56
Print Post

SmartHub 6 problems

[link to this post]

Hi All

Seem to be having an issue with my SmartHub. No connection and flashing orange or purple lights It would connect for a couple of hours and then drop out again. When it did connect, websites would not load due to some parental control problem which would not clear even with my password.

Anyways, one hard reset later seems to be working. I was checking through the settings and there are some port forwarding rules in place, but I have never set these up. Is this normal? there are 2 and they both have the rule name as Teredo

Idgam

POWERED BY BE PRO
plusnet 512 Work
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 03-Jan-17 22:07:27
Print Post

Re: SmartHub 6 problems

[re: idgam] [link to this post]

In computer networking, Teredo is a transition technology that gives full IPv6 connectivity for IPv6-capable hosts that are on the IPv4 Internet but have no native connection to an IPv6 network.

Teredo tunneling - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teredo_tunneling
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Tue 03-Jan-17 23:22:32
Print Post

[re: idgam] [link to this post]

Do you have BT TV as this sets up port forwarding rules?

Not sure if they are setup without BT TV by default as well though, it's possible...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Wed 04-Jan-17 01:36:38
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Not sure if they are setup without BT TV by default as well though, it's possible...
No BT TV here and no Teredo port forwarding rules on the SmartHub but ipv6 is enabled and running so should be no need for Teredo.
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 04-Jan-17 15:32:21
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MCM:
No BT TV here and no Teredo port forwarding rules on the SmartHub but ipv6 is enabled and running so should be no need for Teredo.

Well I have 3 Teredo, 1 IP listed for my PS4 Pro and 1 MinecraftPE so that's a total of 5 listed in the firewall section.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 - 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up)
TBB Speedtest
  Print Thread

Jump to