User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Martinmcbean
(newbie) Fri 27-Jan-17 15:16:27
Print Post

Anyone looking to change to Virgin media! *DELETED*

[link to this post]

Post deleted by MrSaffron

Edited by Martinmcbean (Fri 27-Jan-17 16:48:39)

Standard User arronlowley
(newbie) Fri 27-Jan-17 15:54:41
Print Post

Re: Anyone looking to change to Virgin media!

[re: Martinmcbean] [link to this post]

i hope youre taking the mick.. virgin media and reliable dont go in the same sentence.

i pay £50 a month for 300/20 and get less than half of that after 5pm.

cancelled my contract.
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Fri 27-Jan-17 16:10:51
Print Post

I left Virgin to come to BT to get AWAY from "unreliable speeds and constant problems " LOL

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User pingles
(newbie) Fri 27-Jan-17 16:23:26
Print Post

Ha! Quite the opposite.

I've put up with over 12 months of poor Virgin Media performance- I'm in an oversold area, have been given fault codes and am now claiming credits on my bills. I was a Vivid 200 Gamer subscriber in AL5, at peak times I get 12Mbps if I'm lucky- leading to plenty of buffering. And don't even start me on the latency- you can see a typical day below:

My Broadband Ping

I could not have been happier to move to Andrews and Arnold- I get a 50Mbps VDSL2 connection that is infinitely faster and more reliable when I need it than my old Vivid 200 connection.

Ignore Virginmedia's headline figure marketing- you may get lucky, or, like me you'll find yourself in an oversubscribed area with no fix for months/years.
Standard User Martinmcbean
(newbie) Fri 27-Jan-17 16:43:21
Print Post

[re: pingles] [link to this post]

Sorry to hear this, unfortunately all broadband networks do suffer from high utilisation in certain high usage areas but it is normally rare and will be rectified.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 27-Jan-17 16:59:44
Print Post

Re: Anyone looking to change to Virgin media! *DELETED*

I refer poster to the site rules namely
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/faq_english.php#rules

Advertising

We do not allow users to post advertisements or commercial solicitations on our forums. This includes touting one's own equipment for sale. Advertisers wishing to take advantage of our site are welcome to contact us for banner ads. However, we do not have a problem with users posting links to their web sites in signatures, or posts provided their posts are materially useful and are not simply seeking to promote their products (e.g. recommending themselves for every query). Generally we are less tolerant of posters who do have commercial signatures when it comes to what is and is not abuse. We are less strict on ISPs posting in their own forums. Note that the restriction on advertising includes linking to schemes where you receive a commission or benefit of some kind from a user signing up.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Fri 27-Jan-17 18:55:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by Martinmcbean:
Sorry to hear this, unfortunately all broadband networks do suffer from high utilisation in certain high usage areas but it is normally rare and will be rectified.

Unless you are on Virgin Media, where it's so common it happens between 3PM -3am every day, seven days a week. FTTC 77/19 24/7 Virgin Media 3/12 12/7

Ha!

Edited by 23Prince (Fri 27-Jan-17 18:55:42)

Standard User arronlowley
(learned) Sat 28-Jan-17 23:20:33
Print Post

Re: Anyone looking to change to Virgin media! *DELETED*

"normally rare" 90% of posts on the vm forum are about pathetic speeds during the evening, i had 70/20 on bt and it was a whole lot more reliable than virgi, cant forget that 10ms ping time either wink
  Print Thread

Jump to