User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dsergeant
(member) Wed 01-Feb-17 09:43:09
Print Post

Adding BT broadband to existing phone account and LRS

[link to this post]

My phone is with BT and ADSL broadband with Sky. With Sky increasing their broadband by £2.50 I decided to look whether it is worth moving the broadband back to BT. I have just paid LRS for another year (Sky of course don't offer LRS) so phone is committed to BT for the moment.

All the info on the BT website gives a monthly combined price for phone/broadband. Nowhere does it suggest how LRS affects this and give a separate price for the broadband, all tied in of course with Ofcom's changes for combined prices. Not really helpful when I have already said I am an existing customer with my phone number so they jolly well know what I have at the moment...

Has anybody added broadband to an existing package where LRS is involved, how do they handle this? Gut feeling is it is too complicated and I don't really want to spend hours on the phone to BT when in all probability Sky will still work out cheaper.

ADSL at the moment, but obviously fibre prices useful as well.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 01-Feb-17 13:18:18
Print Post

Re: Adding BT broadband to existing phone account and LRS

[re: dsergeant] [link to this post]

BT line rental is £18.99 per month - just take that off the price (although if it is a deal for a new customer you may not qualify)

Be aware though that BT have also announced price rises for their fibre services.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 02-Feb-17 19:34:42
Print Post

Re: Adding BT broadband to existing phone account and LRS

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Also don't go by the offers on the BT site, going via one of the affiliate links such as we have is cheaper so can give a better extra negotiation weight. eg. On Tuesday Infinity 1 was £29.99, now £34.99 but always being £39.99 on BT

BT Infinity 1 jumping by £2.50 in the price rises too, though given the changes elsewhere its a rock and a hard place choice.

BT Retail once out of contract is very expensive, but half way house offers are available if you recontract for another 12 months.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to