User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User hypertony
(experienced) Mon 13-Feb-17 08:59:28
Print Post

Re: BT Price Rise Advice

[re: LadFromWales85] [link to this post]

That's impressive price! I've just gone & checked on their website... best they can do is £53.49 for Unlimited Infinity 2 with free SmartHub.

Hmm, think I may need to call up!

- Tony Sutton
- Check out my Ford Focus ST170 site | View my Car's Dashcam Videos
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Mon 13-Feb-17 09:03:35
Print Post

[re: hypertony] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by hypertony:
That's impressive price! I've just gone & checked on their website... best they can do is £53.49 for Unlimited Infinity 2 with free SmartHub.

I was offered Infinity 1 for £27.99 on 18 month contract, £25.99 on 24 month contract and Infinity 2 for £33.49 on a 2 year contract.

I specifically rang and asked for cancellations, when they offered me deals such as Infinity 1 for £39.99 I asked if they could speak with a manager - then the good deals started flowing.

Give it a try.
Standard User LadFromWales85
(committed) Mon 13-Feb-17 15:48:00
Print Post

[re: hypertony] [link to this post]

Let us know what you get! smile

Just logging in to my mums account, it does offer £53.49 for Infinity 2 with a Smart Hub, over 12 months, but there is a yellow banner underneath stating "Log in to see your personalised deal", which is where I get the £37.49 over 18 months, with no new hub.

Not tooooo bad a deal, but one could switch to Plusnet for £32.50/18mth and get cashback* too. I just don't trust the Traffic Prioritising. The website makes it sound as though it is applied on a per line basis, ensuring that someone p2p'ing won't upset someone else streaming in the house etc. I'd love to know if the low priority traffic gets allowed line speed if there is no other traffic, or if it is slowed all the time or during peak time regardless.

*cashback should always be seen as potential and not guaranteed!

AAISP 80/20

Edited by LadFromWales85 (Mon 13-Feb-17 15:55:50)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Kr1s69
(knowledge is power) Mon 13-Feb-17 16:16:14
Print Post

You don't need to worry about plusnet and P2P. The days of them deliberately slowing it are long gone.

Kris

BT Infinity
Ashington (Northumberland) Exchange
(committed) Mon 13-Feb-17 16:52:12
Print Post

[re: Kr1s69] [link to this post]

As I'm in the middle of switching to BT Infinity 1 now (from AAISP yes, perhaps sounds bizarre, but trying to cut costs!), that could end up being what I do, hopping between BT and PN, but of course it depends what deals come up come contract renewal, and what retentions offer.

AAISP 80/20
Standard User Alnath
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 02-Mar-17 09:52:03
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
In reply to a post by hypertony:

I was offered Infinity 1 for £27.99 on 18 month contract, £25.99 on 24 month contract and Infinity 2 for £33.49 on a 2 year contract.

I specifically rang and asked for cancellations, when they offered me deals such as Infinity 1 for £39.99 I asked if they could speak with a manager - then the good deals started flowing.

Give it a try.

i keep checking in my offers to see what goes on and it seems the offer goes up and down like a brides nightie however today it once again says.

We're offering you Unlimited Infinity 2 with line rental at £33.49 a month, as a thank you for being with BT. That's 40% off our standard price.
(experienced) Thu 02-Mar-17 14:56:00
Print Post

[re: Alnath] [link to this post]

18 month?
Still says £37.49/18mth on my mum's...Clearly preferential haha.

Standard User Alnath
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 03-Mar-17 13:47:55
Print Post

yeah it is for 18 months but given you can now sod off if they make any price changes its made the contract all but pointless.
(experienced) Fri 03-Mar-17 14:17:40
Print Post

[re: Alnath] [link to this post]

Exactly why i agreed to the same deal when it popped up on my BT offer page! smile
I doubt deals elsewhere will get drastically cheaper so it's likely I'll see the contract through.

And the grass isn't always greener...

Edited by LadFromWales85 (Fri 03-Mar-17 18:22:14)

Standard User Alnath
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 07-Mar-17 09:29:40
Print Post

Thing is if they stopped messing around with the prices, balanced it all out to one price that wasn't overly mental everyone would be happy.

I moved back to BT in 2011 when FTTC became available and i have been extremely happy with the service, the only time i consider leaving is when these duckarsed price rises appear whos sole purpose seems to be to make the offers look better.

What kind of an organisation offers one customer Infinity 2 and line rental for 33 quid and the next customer infinity 2 and line rental for 52 quid (which is what they keep offering it to my mate at), when you go shopping you don't expect to get a weeks shop and then be charged a random price at the checkout, the way BT is selling broadband is insanity.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to