User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Mon 13-Feb-17 10:37:37
Print Post

Re: Are BT Capping my Connection??? [RESOLVED]

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Lol - adds check speed of LAN ports to list of checks smile

Yes and also check the logs for the LAN Ports too (from exported logs) tongue

12:14:10, 10 Feb. eth1:An Ethernet port is now connected (2/100/FULL)
12:14:09, 10 Feb. eth1:A device has been disconnected from an Ethernet port (2)

Should be

08:30:29, 13 Feb. eth1:An Ethernet port is now connected (2/1000/FULL)
08:30:24, 13 Feb. eth1:A device has been disconnected from an Ethernet port (2)

The only issue with the logs on the Smart Hub is they only store 2 days if that of logs, this is due to all the IP logs that it likes to spit out like the "BR_LAN:LAN Neighbor Discovery : Host " to do with IPv6 etc.

The thing is I am still no closer to what caused it to drop the link to 100Mbit, ah well.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 - 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up)
TBB Speedtest
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 14-Feb-17 16:25:57
Print Post

Re: Are BT Capping my Connection??? [Engineer Booked]

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

I guessed wrong for once...

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Feb-17 17:05:04
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
I guessed wrong for once...

*** update ***

I was referring to the 3 Ethernet LAN Ports on the Smart Hub, not the Virtual Lan BT end.

TBH I have no clue who is responsible for what with FTTP.

Now with ADSLx I was aware that BT are responsible up to the master socket + any extension "that they" install.
So if BT install a data extension then you are not allowed to touch it.

The last part I was told by BT.

But I haven't been told who is responsible for what to do with FTTP, so its all down to assumption.
I assume BT are responsible for everything that they installed, that would include up to the ONT, due to the engineer had me connect up the Smart Hub to the ONT and our LAN.

So I would assume that we are responsible from the Smart Hub onwards, just like we would be responsible if we was using our own router, so the issues with the Ethernet Port 1 on the Smart Hub, would be my responsibility.

But what complicates things is BT are happy to replace free of charge a new Smart Hub if the current one becomes faulty.

So by that assumption BT are saying they are responsible up to the Smart Hub point which makes sense as long as we are using the Smart Hub that is.

Which was why we was sent an engineer free of charge even though it was the Ethernet port on the Smart Hub that was at fault.

But like I said this is all assumption here.

One thing I know to be true is we are responsible to look after all the installed equipment, any misuse would resulting in being charged if their equipment has to be replaced due to damage caused by misuse.

Maybe people on here can shed some light to who is responsible for whet on a FTTP Install also assuming the customer is using the Smart Hub (paid extra)

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 - 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up)
TBB Speedtest

Edited by PaulKirby (Tue 14-Feb-17 17:08:08)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Tue 14-Feb-17 19:28:05
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Openreach are responsible up to the ONT.

You are responsible beyond that. BT are simply a supplier of the home hub and would replace it, if it were deemed faulty. Just as Belkin, Billion or any other router provider would be (or really it would be the shop you bought it from) providing it was still within warranty.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to