User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 13-Feb-17 21:39:37
Print Post

Re: Switching from BT due to April price rise

[re: BarkingMad] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BarkingMad:
I thought that once the order was placed it was against the rules for BT to offer better deal. I suppose it must be ok if I start the conversation by calling BT, instead of them calling me
Exactly right smile.

If you call them they can talk turkey. They cannot initiate anything except they have to let you know what charges (if any) you will incur from them on leaving.

You have 10 working days for you to contact your new ISP and cancel. In practice that is 10 calendar days as two or three days before the move date it gets too late to stop the migration at the wholesale/Openreach levels.

The only two (IIRC) times your current ISP can cancel/stop the migration is if you are being slammed by the new one, or when you tell the new one you wish to cancel and they refuse to accept that.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Mon 13-Feb-17 23:18:14
Print Post

[re: BarkingMad] [link to this post]

Generally speaking ring 0800 800150
Say cancellations as the reason for your call.

Let them know you are considering moving to an alternative ISP if they do not offer a good retentions deal. Do not be afraid to ask if they can speak with a manager for a better deal. Definitely do not take the first price.

In my case, I called and got offered a bad deal so I placed an order with TalkTalk. I then rang BT cancellations a day later and suddenly they offered me all these great deals.

£25.99 for infinity 1 is what I have. My TV is £12.50 unfortunately so total cost around £38.50 including TV.

As for the line rental, that should be fine, they gave me the option to pay line rental a year ahead with a reduction in the overall price. I declined this time around.

I did have to ring TalkTalk to cancel that order and then ring BT back again to take the offer, bit of faffing around but we got there.
Standard User sidneyk
(experienced) Tue 14-Feb-17 00:55:16
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Based on price alone I have just signed up to BT tonight

£29.99/mth
£9.00 router postage
£150 master card payback
currently tracking £110 with Quidco
52/10 package - 12 mth
inc weekend calls

with the £150 mastercard deducted it effectively makes the deal £18+/mth
if Quidco tracks & pays £110 then it effectively makes the deal <£10/mth

Here's Hoping

Plusnet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SuperOwl
(regular) Tue 14-Feb-17 11:38:19
Print Post

[re: sidneyk] [link to this post]

I got the email last night for the price rise just logged onto my offers page and got £33.49 for infinity 2 for 18 months.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Feb-17 13:15:56
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Is this price rise just for Infinity 1?

As you are aware I am on Infinity 4 and we haven't had any emails from BT referring to price rises.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 - 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up)
TBB Speedtest
Standard User LadFromWales85
(committed) Tue 14-Feb-17 15:16:16
Print Post

[re: SuperOwl] [link to this post]

Are you already on Infinity 2?
Still only an offer of £37.49/18mth on my mum's account for Infinity 2, but she's on Infinity 1 atm.

AAISP 80/20
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 14-Feb-17 15:18:18
Print Post

[re: LadFromWales85] [link to this post]

I'm on Infinity 2 and already had a discounted rate that lasted until May. The offer was another £3 off bringing it down to £33.49 as mentioned earlier. So, it looks like it may just be for Infinity 2 customers or maybe they rate customers by spend/longevity - they obviously have some calculations going on in the background offering different amounts to different people.
Standard User LadFromWales85
(committed) Tue 14-Feb-17 15:40:42
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Will probably get her to ring cancellations and quote the deal you've had and see if they'll get closer!
She has LRS though so unsure how that'll affect her.
Her current deal is the one MSE did around April last year, come with a cheque along with the reward card, so not too long left on the 12 month contract.

AAISP 80/20
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Tue 14-Feb-17 15:51:28
Print Post

[re: SuperOwl] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by SuperOwl:
I got the email last night for the price rise just logged onto my offers page and got £33.49 for infinity 2 for 18 months.

They offered me a £2 discount a month so dropped it to £46,99 from the current £48,99

Laughable. I'll keep my 30 days notice in place. It's up in 6 days anyway
Standard User SuperOwl
(regular) Tue 14-Feb-17 16:12:01
Print Post

[re: LadFromWales85] [link to this post]

No we are currently on Infinity 1 we joined this time last year but had an offer 2 months later aswell when they did the speed bump.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to