User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Feb-17 19:11:07
Print Post

Re: Switching from BT due to April price rise

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Have you called my retentions online is terrible for Infinity 1.
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Tue 14-Feb-17 21:38:35
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
Have you called my retentions online is terrible for Infinity 1.

No. I am letting them go on the 22nd. Not going to bother with 2 lines anymore, no longer needed
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Wed 22-Feb-17 21:38:48
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
In reply to a post by SuperOwl:
I got the email last night for the price rise just logged onto my offers page and got £33.49 for infinity 2 for 18 months.

They offered me a £2 discount a month so dropped it to £46,99 from the current £48,99

Laughable. I'll keep my 30 days notice in place. It's up in 6 days anyway
Status update, my first bill arrived and the contract length and the price were inaccurate. After a few hours speaking with generic CS, where they dropped the hint I was not being truthful I spoke with the CEO team and got my services cancelled. Moving to Virginmedia, probably a mistake given my past congestion issues on VM but we will soon find out! Either way, I can always switch again. smile

I'd say to anyone here be very alert of your bills, check and double check!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mnbvcxz
(regular) Wed 01-Mar-17 23:44:33
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

I'm on black friday infinity 1 £26 (plus call package)
After price rise £28.50

Called cancellation line was offered infinity 1 for £31.50 18 months? Which is considerably worse than just taking the price rise?

Ummed and erred but after lots of waiting while he claimed to consult said there was nothing they could do. Denied I would get line rental back but eventually demurred.

So went to EE for £26.80 and £150 quidco.

I have worked out that with two cashbacks, one prepaid credit card and two setup fees, 4 months with BT and 18 with EE it could work out as £20.22 a month including their £6.50 call package!

Which is really pretty remarkably cheap for fibre. But I wish BT had just honoured their deal and saved me the hassle.

Oh and just after signing up I found EE have cancelled their email servers. No SMTP for me. Sigh.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 01-Mar-17 23:56:10
Print Post

[re: mnbvcxz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mnbvcxz:
Oh and just after signing up I found EE have cancelled their email servers. No SMTP for me. Sigh.
You could sign up for an instant domain from 1and1 which gives you email and SMTP here and now and have it up and running before 1am.

Alternatively a domain and hosting package with Tsohost, which also gives you webspace and the ability to host a second domain in the some hosting package. Again, up and running within minutes.

Have a read. (Slightly out of date but valid overall).

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65258/14193Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User gt94sss2
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 02-Mar-17 01:55:26
Print Post

[re: BarkingMad] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BarkingMad:
I've paid LRS so trying to minimise my loss with BT.

Just on this point - BT have confirmed they will refund unused months of LRS if customers are leaving due to the price rises.

see https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/BT-price-...

However, as others have said you can generally get a good deal by calling BT..
Standard User BarkingMad
(learned) Thu 09-Mar-17 19:54:31
Print Post

[re: gt94sss2] [link to this post]

Thanks for the link. Spoke with customer options yesterday and best offer for unlimited inf 1 was £38.99

Operator said LRS would be refunded

Placed order with new isp.

Today, received email from BT about my leave. It said LRS would not be refunded. Called the number on the email and it was confirmed that the email was incorrect. I'd expect BT to be able to get emails correct given this isn't the first price rise that we have had with the option to switch due to price increases.

Was offered same service for 24 months at £25.99

Perhaps the email error is part of the plot to save the customer from leaving. If the email had been correct I wouldn't have been offered a £13 a month discount on their best price given to me yesterday
Standard User lelboy
(committed) Fri 10-Mar-17 12:52:50
Print Post

I've been with BT years and had a few problems with them: you just have to be firm and insistent when they give you bull. To that end, I use an application called ACR, which records conversations - two ways - on my mobile. I wait until I'm a little into the conversation and then tell them that the conversation is being recorded: everything goes fine after that, as they cannot deny any bull that they may have given you!
Cheers, Les.
Standard User redbutcher
(learned) Fri 10-Mar-17 13:21:19
Print Post

I ended up leaving due to the price rise - offers they gave me were OK, but could get cashback with Sky and they sweetened the deal with £50 account credit as well (already have TV with them anyway). Switch to Sky was fine, though needed a new cable from the pole which has given me a cleaner line thanks to a very decent Openreach engineer who sorted that out for me.

BT have since taken out the full normal monthly amount from my account despite the bill saying I only owed them £4 - will await to see if they refund the difference. My Sky service is as good as it was on Infinity 2 (though slightly better I guess with the new cable).

Then BT Infinity 2 79999/19999
Now Sky Fibre Max 79999/19999
Standard User LadFromWales85
(experienced) Fri 10-Mar-17 15:26:14
Print Post

[re: redbutcher] [link to this post]

Why did you need a new cable? You were getting 80/20 on Infinity 2, and the link between you and your cab would have been exactly the same regardless of provider??

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to