User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 14-Mar-17 16:09:29
Print Post

Possible £200 Mastercard Reward from BT tomorrow?

[link to this post]

Saw this over at HotUKDeals -

Unlimited Infinity 1 (52mb) + Unlimited Weekend Calls + £200 Mastercard Reward Prepay card £28.99 (£407.87 12mo incl setup fee - Possible £17.32pm after prepay deduction!) @ BT.com *Live tomorrow - More in OP*

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/unlimited-infinity-1...

Suppose it also depends on how they adjust their normally huge cashback - but worth keeping an eye on, we'll see the full picture tomorrow apparently. smile
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 15-Mar-17 01:35:56
Print Post

Re: Possible £200 Mastercard Reward from BT tomorrow?

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

Yep, it's active, £200 card and currently £150 cashback from TopCashback for Infinity + the free TV Starter package
Standard User LadFromWales85
(experienced) Wed 15-Mar-17 02:33:11
Print Post

If it gets much cheaper it'll be free!
29.99*12+59.99=419.87
Less £200 reward card and potential £150 cashback= £69.87
£5.82 per month!

Cashback will almost certainly drop later today. I can imagine BT will drag heels at current rates and it'd be safer to wait for them to drop as I imagine there would be more likelyhood of a payout.

Even so, £5.82 is nowhere near sustainable, even as a customer grabber, it's just too cheap!

But, most customers pay full price, don't get a reward card (or don't claim for it) and most certainly don't get cashback, so...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Wed 15-Mar-17 09:55:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by Spud2003:
Yep, it's active, £200 card and currently £150 cashback from TopCashback for Infinity + the free TV Starter package

That'll do nicely. Cheers Spud.
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 15-Mar-17 11:00:32
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

HomeHub 6 goes for around £40-45 on eBay - unused. TV starter boxes around £15-20(IIRC) - not that I'm suggesting anyone should sell them to further reduce the cost(which I guess could be apportioned over approx 8 months, if another price rise is on the cards)
Standard User Zadeks
(experienced) Wed 15-Mar-17 17:07:37
Print Post

[re: LadFromWales85] [link to this post]

Not to mention the latest mid-contract price hike.
Standard User LadFromWales85
(experienced) Wed 15-Mar-17 17:49:54
Print Post

[re: Zadeks] [link to this post]

This is it.
These rediculously cheap deals for new customers are making it more expensive for existing customers, even those in mid contract. Of course, you are then free to leave without penalty, but I'd bet a very small percentage of customers actually do this. Most will stay, paying the new higher price, perhaps totally unaware.
The standard prices are crazy, £44.99 for Infinity 2 is bonkers when the same speed with better customer service and features are available for less from other providers.

Alas I am with BT, taking advantage of a deal that they couldn't possibly sustain if it were offered to everyone, and will likely switch at the end of my contract or before if there is another big price hike.
A static IP would be useful as I am using a HE IPv6 tunnel as the BT native IPv6 doesn't want to work for me here.

Standard User Zadeks
(experienced) Wed 15-Mar-17 18:04:01
Print Post

[re: LadFromWales85] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by LadFromWales85:
Of course, you are then free to leave without penalty

Just don't pay for line rental saver, as it will become more of a hindrance than a saver.

Edited by Zadeks (Wed 15-Mar-17 18:04:17)

Print Thread

Jump to