User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User alext05
(committed) Fri 24-Mar-17 11:54:07
Print Post

Very disappointed with BT's customer service

[link to this post]

I've been given a retention deal by BT that I have accepted over the phone, so this was fine. The trouble started once I haven't received their promised emails confirming the deal and the cooling off period details.

To keep it short, it transpired that they had problems sending emails despite multiple attempts by different customer service representatives.

Eventually, they said that they would send me a paper copy within ten days, that unfortunately hasn't materialised.

Another call and a promise for someone senior to call me back within 72 hours to help with this, that again hasn't happened. The rep also said that the price I would be paying is much higher than what was agreed, so that was unexpected and worrying.

Logged a complaint online and am waiting, but now firmly thinking about migrating. I understand that I might be still technically on a rolling contract as I never had their confirmation of a new deal, so if I migrate, no penalties would apply. Is that right? I would also ask Ofcom for advice on this.

Not impressed at all by BT, I now know why the get the lowest ratings for their service from Ofcom.
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Fri 24-Mar-17 12:55:24
Print Post

Re: Very disappointed with BT's customer service

[re: alext05] [link to this post]

Anything changed in your BT account details when you view MyBT online?

https://tinyurl.com/mkhwkez

plusnet user
Standard User alext05
(committed) Fri 24-Mar-17 13:01:25
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

The deal went through in my BT account, however the BT admin area does not show you what your new contract price is, and so a confirmation email would have been helpful in that respect if there are any disputes in the future.

It might all be fine come the next bill, if I am still with them, but the experience of multiple undelivered promises is not great.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Fri 24-Mar-17 18:54:03
Print Post

They are shocking, I am glad I left them, The connection is all well and good being fine but when it goes wrong it's like pulling teeth.
Standard User alext05
(committed) Fri 24-Mar-17 21:37:38
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

An update: I spoke to Ofcom rep and she said that a written confirmation is not a strict requirement for a contract agreed over the phone under current regulations, although they should definitely provide it if specifically asked for it, as I did.

Also, she said that if I am to migrate now I would most likely be liable to a penalty clause due to the fact that the cooling off period has passed.

As it might take some time to get this sorted, come the next price rise or whatever I would be off to a different provider that can hopefully offer better levels of customer care.

When talking to BT, I feel like talking into some deep dark hole that simply swallows your words without having any intention to respond. I would even say they got bad customer service to an art form.

Stay classy BT.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sat 25-Mar-17 00:33:18
Print Post

Well we have been with Demon, BE, Sky, Zen and now BT.

We had BE on one line and Zen on the other, BE got brought by Sky and it went to [censored].
Brother moved out and took his Zen connection with him, so my mum wanted BT for simplicity due to the phone is with BT.
Once the BT line was live we dropped Sky.

Now if I had to say which provider was the best I would say Zen, due to the customer support.

But saying that, BT did screw up our fibre install and fobbed us off for 5 years, but after making a complaint with them, it was resolved and we was nicely compensated for the issues, so thumbs up for that.

Even though their over-seas support is a complete waste of time and money, which BT are now realising due to they are reducing those support centres by 80% and moving to more UK based call centres, so it should get better over time.

So overall I would say BT isn't that bad, they are surely not perfect, but they are ok.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 - 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up)
TBB Speedtest

Edited by PaulKirby (Sat 25-Mar-17 00:34:09)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 25-Mar-17 08:05:39
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by PaulKirby:
Even though their over-seas support is a complete waste of time and money, which BT are now realising due to they are reducing those support centres by 80% and moving to more UK based call centres, so it should get better over time.
That's another laugh. They have told us that every year for at least the last five. Except originally it wa to be "all", not 80%. Though I don't recall it now going to be 80%, is that correct?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65618/13914Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Sat 25-Mar-17 09:29:36
Print Post

In reply to a post by alext05:
An update: I spoke to Ofcom rep and she said that a written confirmation is not a strict requirement for a contract agreed over the phone under current regulations, although they should definitely provide it if specifically asked for it, as I did.

Also, she said that if I am to migrate now I would most likely be liable to a penalty clause due to the fact that the cooling off period has passed.

As it might take some time to get this sorted, come the next price rise or whatever I would be off to a different provider that can hopefully offer better levels of customer care.

When talking to BT, I feel like talking into some deep dark hole that simply swallows your words without having any intention to respond. I would even say they got bad customer service to an art form.

Stay classy BT.

One thing you can be sure of, as much as a clock strikes 12 twice a day, is that there will be another price rise, usually around September.
Standard User alext05
(committed) Sat 25-Mar-17 11:27:48
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Most of the staff I spoke to were UK-based.

For me it's all about their internal processes and general lack of care when things go wrong. It felt as if nobody has an ownership of issues.
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Sat 25-Mar-17 11:57:57
Print Post

If you can outlay £60 a month and use less than 1TB then AAISP is a good choice, they are attack dogs when it comes to BT they don't let things go and they usually slap BT into shape when needed

They do ADSL too cheaper than the above which is for their VDSL product. From your experience it would be like going from a 1st to a 5 star place.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to