User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User donkiddik
(newbie) Tue 25-Apr-17 20:05:15
Print Post

BT native IPv6

[link to this post]

Having lost IPv6 for several weeks it has just reappeared on my HH6, I wonder if BT have finally managed a fix to their problem, or is it just wishful thinking!
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Wed 26-Apr-17 08:41:32
Print Post

Re: BT native IPv6

[re: donkiddik] [link to this post]

I think its an intermittent issues on the Smart Hub.

My Smart Hub lost IPv6 a few weeks ago so I brought a new router and it got IPv6 right away.
I jumped back and forth between the two several times and the Smart Hub always failed to enable IPv6 whereas the new router always had it.

I think its to do with the DHCPv6 Client on the Smart Hub that is the issue here.

So its hit and miss of it working.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 - 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up)
TBB Speedtest | BQM #3
Standard User donkiddik
(newbie) Wed 26-Apr-17 20:59:09
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Think you are right Paul, it seems to come and go as it pleases, but the last time it went for several weeks, before suddenly reappearing, fingers crossed it stays for a while

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Wed 26-Apr-17 21:26:20
Print Post

[re: donkiddik] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by donkiddik:
Think you are right Paul, it seems to come and go as it pleases, but the last time it went for several weeks, before suddenly reappearing, fingers crossed it stays for a while

The thing is BT Care are saying its an internal issue, might be right to a point where causes issues with the DHCPv6 Client, but like I said my new Router has no issues what so ever with IPv6.

So with this new router is passes all IPv6 Tests shown here, so all's good smile

Paul

TBB Speedtest | BQM #3
Standard User sam_nospam
(committed) Fri 28-Apr-17 19:34:09
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

I got the new BT Hub recently and it has been running IPv6 since I first hooked it up (Google IPv6 test says it's on IPv6 and 'test my IPv6' web site says it's a "9 out of 10" for IPv6 readiness )

I have a TP-Link Archer C9 Wi-Fi router and although it has IPv6 capability, checking via the router, both sites say it's not on IPv6.

I've tried many different settings for IPv6 in the Archer C9 router (think I've tried all possible combinations so far), but it's never been able to run IPv6 frown

Thankfully, for the moment at least, not being able to run IPv6 doesn't seem to be a big issue, but I guess it will be as time goes on?
Standard User choppersrock
(learned) Fri 28-Apr-17 19:49:05
Print Post

[re: sam_nospam] [link to this post]

My r7800 (on a relatives infinity connection) works with bt's flavour of IPV6 but it would only work with kongs build of ddwrt installed. Worked first time. Netgear's own stock firmware did not work at all.

Sky Fibre Pro - Zyxel vmg8324 (v14 bridge mode) + PFSENSE 2.4.0 with ipv6 - ECI cab, G.INP disabled as of 8th April 2016

http://www.mydslwebstats.co.uk user upload ID skyECI
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Fri 28-Apr-17 23:14:05
Print Post

[re: sam_nospam] [link to this post]

Well mine was working fine on my Smart Hub with no issues what so ever, then it came to do its forced automated reboot and when it came back up IPv6 was no longer enabled.

No matter how many time I did a reboot it failed to come back up, brought a new router and IPv6 worked first go, no matter how many time I rebooted it IPv6 was there.

So I thought maybe IPv6 was now working ok so I connected the Smart Hub back and nope no IPv6.

All BT Care have to say about it was they are aware of the issue and that they have no fix date.

I really need to have IPv6 enabled due to I am a software developer and I am currently working on network code which uses IPv6, so I need it at the moment.

Paul

TBB Speedtest | BQM #3
  Print Thread

Jump to