User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User hopeyouknow
(newbie) Wed 14-Jun-17 00:39:05
Print Post

talktalk to BT

[link to this post]

Hi. As BT are havibg a offer with £125 refund at the moment just wondered is it easy to switch from talktalk as i belive they are LLu exchage or something like that so not sure if it would mean
it more difficult to do.

Thanks
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 14-Jun-17 00:40:32
Print Post

Re: talktalk to BT

[re: hopeyouknow] [link to this post]

Are you on ordinary ADSL2+ or FTTC/FTTP? It makes a difference in practical terms.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 69564/12780Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 14-Jun-17 07:26:51
Print Post

Having done the Sky to BT jump 12 months ago, can say all I did was order online with BT and then waited for the various letters to arrive, i.e. warning of the move and right to cancel and welcome letters.

Currently midway through another move, i.e. cycling through all the combinations.

The technicalities can be expanded on, but at end of the day just order online

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User hopeyouknow
(newbie) Fri 16-Jun-17 00:11:07
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Talktalk seem to be offering a deal on fibre so might just change up from broadband and stay with them.
I assume just changing up to fibre with talktalk would not involve a engineer visit to my home and just be a case of them working at the nearest cabinet etc. and sending another router as I am with them on broadband already.

Thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 16-Jun-17 11:05:38
Print Post

No-one gets an engineer visit these days for upgrading to FTTC from ADSL, even if a switch of provider is involved

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to