User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mol2
(newbie) Mon 17-Jul-17 13:32:23
Print Post

Notice

[link to this post]

My daughter who is coming up to the end of her 1 year contract with BT is moving out of her house at the end of the month.

She called BT to serve her 1 month's notice and was told she could not serve notice until the 12 month contract is over. The month's notice would have taken her beyond the end of the 12 month contract.

Is this right?- because if you can't give 1 month's notice before 12 months is up then it is really a 13 month contract.
Anyone know if this is correct or did she just get a numpty?

Andy
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 17-Jul-17 14:12:16
Print Post

Re: Notice

[re: mol2] [link to this post]

you can give notice at any time, so that alone makes the rep a numpty, the issue is if the notice date is before the end of the term you may have to pay to get out the contract.

So get her to ring again.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 17-Jul-17 14:13:03
Print Post

In my experience I would say that is wrong. Try ringing again and hopefully she will get a different person - if they still insist then ask to speak to a manager/team leader.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Mon 17-Jul-17 15:10:24
Print Post

Hi,

1 months notice can be served from month 11 for a 1yr contract.

Chances are this BT rep didn't want the cancellation on their profile, targets and all that.

Best Regards.

Matt

Coaxial Powered Jitter-Bytes.
Standard User ploddo
(regular) Tue 18-Jul-17 07:28:49
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

My daughter gave 2 months notice then found they hadn't implemented it. When she phoned again she was told 'you can't give two months notice only 1 month'. So they are making her pay out of contact price until the notice is up! £48+ for axel at 0.5meg!! Make sure your daughter phones again, or better still goes on the chat and keeps a copy.
  Print Thread

Jump to