User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User stepdey
(newbie) Fri 13-Oct-17 21:08:29
Print Post

Re: Speed increase?

[re: robertcrowther] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by robertcrowther:
In reply to a post by gomezz:
https://www.bt.com/help/home/broadband/speedtest/

That speedtest will show you the speed of which your router is connecting to the internet. The thinkbroadband speedtest shows the speed of which your computer/device is connecting to the internet.

Therefore your computer/device is not utilizing the full amount of bandwidth you have.

Are you using a wireless or wired connection? All speedtests should be done on a wired connection

After checking to see if you've got the latest driver(s) installed for your network card, and you find there are no updates available, could replacing the card for a more up to date one possibly make your computers speed more in line with the routers speed ?
Standard User GorillaWheels
(member) Fri 20-Oct-17 12:28:11
Print Post

[re: GorillaWheels] [link to this post]

Even though my speed increased 3 weeks ago, I’ve had a BT email to say that my free speed boost is ready to use. Thanks BT but I already knew lol

https://flic.kr/p/YzTr8a

Dave

BT Infinity 1 with free Sept 2017 upgrade to 80 / 20
60.2 / 16.77 sync achieving approx. 56 down / 16 up
Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 22-Oct-17 18:27:53
Print Post

Using a wireless connection. Had the email confirming my speed increase has now been activated and I now get around 45Mbps on my wireless laptop using the TBB speedtest and similar on my phone using a speedtest app.

Not really that bothered as I had plenty of headroom before. My TV set up is connected by ethernet for robust HD streaming.

BT Infinity 1 (unlimited)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User corsa57
(regular) Mon 23-Oct-17 19:32:26
Print Post

[re: gomezz] [link to this post]

Just had a online chat with BT as I have Infinity 2 but now get the same seed as Infinity 1 and with the exception of some more cloud storage pay BT extra every month for the same Broadband speed.
I was assured by the chat operator that BT do not give the same speed to infinity 1 and Infinity 2 customers. Now as I think has been firmly established this is not the case if you are in an area that the extra speed can be applied to.
They were very anxious to speak to me on the phone but refused point blank to put in writing what if anything could be done to resolve my complaint.
I am within contract so no doubt there is little I can do but surely BT realise that most will vote with their feet when their contract expires. Are they really so short sighted that they ignore this?
Oh well back to swopping Broadband provider again when the current BT one expires, will they never learn.
Standard User robertcrowther
(member) Mon 23-Oct-17 21:38:50
Print Post

[re: corsa57] [link to this post]

Soumds like the person you spoke to at BT hadn't got the memo yet
Standard User falko89
(member) Tue 24-Oct-17 17:13:42
Print Post

I thought I got the email about the speed increase.

we've got a little surprise just for you – a free boost on us. There's no need to do anything, and no charges. Simply open your boost below to find out what you've got.

I open it up to find BT cloud has boosted. Great, thanks, I dont even use BT cloud.
(member) Tue 24-Oct-17 19:48:15
Print Post

[re: falko89] [link to this post]

I had that email, but when I clicked on the open your boost link mine said “We’re giving you two broadband boosts - faster broadband and more cloud storage. All on us”. Then 8 days later I had the email saying the speed boost was ready, although in had already been in effect for over 3 weeks.
Sounds like your someone who unfortunately won’t benefit when any speed increase.

Dave

Standard User Alucidnation
(regular) Tue 24-Oct-17 22:51:29
Print Post

[re: GorillaWheels] [link to this post]

I bet most people that have had the free speed increase are either out of contract or its just coming to an end.
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Tue 24-Oct-17 23:28:18
Print Post

[re: Alucidnation] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Alucidnation:
I bet most people that have had the free speed increase are either out of contract or its just coming to an end.
No. I renewed for 18 months six months ago by accepting the offer of a lower monthly cost so have around a year to run. Yesterday I received the "boost" letter increasing my BT cloud storage. Storage I don't need and won't be using having around 100TB of local NAS storage.
(member) Wed 25-Oct-17 08:48:26
Print Post

[re: Alucidnation] [link to this post]

I wasn’t even 6 months into a 12 month contract.

Dave

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to