User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Alucidnation
(regular) Wed 25-Oct-17 19:44:55
Print Post

Re: Speed increase?

[re: GorillaWheels] [link to this post]

Fair do's.

Totally out of character for BT (for eg) to be so 'generous'!

laugh
Standard User bowdon
(committed) Thu 26-Oct-17 12:29:18
Print Post

[re: corsa57] [link to this post]

I think there is a case for people on Infinity 2 to complain or bring it to Ofcom's attention.

Infinity 2 people are being ripped off by probably around £10. I don't use the cloud storage, and even then, who pays £10 for that much extra cloud storage. That's not even competative either.

For those people who recently re-contracted on Infinity 2 I think there could be a case that BT entered the contract with deception, as they must have known of the incoming speed boost to Infinity 1.

The suggestion by some that Infinity 2 people will get transferred to G.fast is I think wishful thinking. Also its not practical for the vast majority of people as we won't have access to G.fast.

I wonder what will happen when G.fast comes out commercially. Will we see a price list for Infinity 1, Infinity 2, G.fast and the FTTP technologies?

This currently is daylight robbery by BT.

Demon => Freeserve => Pipex => Be => Sky => BT Infinity 2
Standard User robertcrowther
(member) Thu 26-Oct-17 13:01:52
Print Post

[re: bowdon] [link to this post]

I don't think BT are finished with Infinity 2 just yet. The Infinity 1 upgrades aren't due to finish until the end of November.

It looks like BT are doing some testing as shown on the screenshot (notice anything?)

https://imgur.com/a/j2klA

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 26-Oct-17 13:24:47
Print Post

[re: robertcrowther] [link to this post]

And BT are still selling an Infinity package at 55Mbps. Also it appears not all Infinity 1 users are getting offered the upgrade. BT may just being doing a nice thing for their existing customers but not fundamentally changing the package offerings - we have to wait and see.

However - for Infinity 2 the "free boost" to more storage actually does now just mirror what is included with Infinity 2 for new customers - it isn't a bonus for existing customers at all just moving them on to the current package specification.
(member) Thu 26-Oct-17 14:29:03
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
Also it appears not all Infinity 1 users are getting offered the upgrade.

As said in my previous comment "BT haven't finished upgrading Infinity 1 customers and hope to by the end of November"

Therefore I guess those Infinity 1 customers who don't get offered the upgrade by the end of November will only be the ones that their line can't achieve the higher speed.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 26-Oct-17 14:34:57
Print Post

That is a possible guess - it could also be that they aren't planning on upgrading all customers and that remaining customers would move over to the "BT Infinity" package that is still up to 55Mb/s. Only BT seem to have any clue as to what this round of "boosts" is all about or what the ultimate goal is - the rest of us can only guess and only time will tell as to which guesses are correct.

One thing I am pretty sure of is my Infinity 2 is not going to be upgraded to G.Fast in the near future so barring the cloud storage there is no benefit to me to being on it if everyone else gets 80/20 anyway (especially as I get 44/14 and the only reason I have stayed on Infinity 2 is because in the last round of upgrades they offered a good discount).
(member) Thu 26-Oct-17 14:42:14
Print Post

One thing I am pretty sure of is my Infinity 2 is not going to be upgraded to G.Fast in the near future
(especially as I get 44/14 and the only reason I have stayed on Infinity 2 is because in the last round of upgrades they offered a good discount).

Well I can guarantee without guessing that you won't be upgraded to G.fast because you currently only get 44mb. The current G.fast system that BT will be rolling out will not work effectively enough to give you a speed boost, if anything it would give you a worse speed.

The only hope you've got of getting G.fast in the future is if BT installs G.fast to the distribution nodes instead of a cabinet pod.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 26-Oct-17 14:49:31
Print Post

I did state "in the near future". Not only is my line too long to benefit but I am not in an area that is currently getting G.Fast anyway - and there will be a good number of Infinity 2 customers in the same boat.
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Thu 26-Oct-17 15:19:28
Print Post

[re: bowdon] [link to this post]

I think there is a case for people on Infinity 2 to complain or bring it to Ofcom's attention.
Whilst on the face of it it seems unfair I can see absolutely no grounds for any form of complaint since Infinity 2 customers are paying the amount that they contracted to pay. That some users are paying less for the same or more is no different to what occurs in many different fields including those who take up initial money off offers from a myriad of ISPs.
(member) Thu 26-Oct-17 15:58:12
Print Post

I did state "in the near future". Not only is my line too long to benefit but I am not in an area that is currently getting G.Fast anyway - and there will be a good number of Infinity 2 customers in the same boat.

So why have you not downgraded to Infinity 1 before now?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to