User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | [12] | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Thu 26-Oct-17 16:23:48
Print Post

Re: Speed increase?

[re: robertcrowther] [link to this post]

Quite possibly because of the higher upload speed of Infinity 2. One of my daughters is on 2 rather than 1 for that reason.
Standard User GorillaWheels
(member) Thu 26-Oct-17 18:02:40
Print Post

“Best Effort Test” is that new?...been a while since I’ve done a BTW further diagnostics
* edited - Just noticed upstream IP profile 30! Should that not be 20...80/20 sync?

Dave

BT Infinity 1 with free Sept 2017 upgrade to 80 / 20
60.2 / 16.77 sync achieving approx. 56 down / 16 up

Edited by GorillaWheels (Thu 26-Oct-17 18:07:50)

Standard User robertcrowther
(member) Thu 26-Oct-17 18:28:02
Print Post

[re: GorillaWheels] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by GorillaWheels:
“Best Effort Test” is that new?...been a while since I’ve done a BTW further diagnostics
* edited - Just noticed upstream IP profile 30! Should that not be 20...80/20 sync?

Dave

That test has been there for a long time.

It looks like BT might give Infinity 2 a boost with a 30mb upload instead of 20. It would certainly make sense as G.fast is coming soon. Those who want 30mb upload, but want more download would go fo G.fast

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User michaelh
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-Oct-17 19:15:39
Print Post

[re: falko89] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by falko89:
I thought I got the email about the speed increase.

we've got a little surprise just for you – a free boost on us. There's no need to do anything, and no charges. Simply open your boost below to find out what you've got.

I open it up to find BT cloud has boosted. Great, thanks, I dont even use BT cloud.

I had the same email - and my response was the same.

Standard User falko89
(member) Thu 26-Oct-17 20:16:41
Print Post

[re: michaelh] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by michaelh:
In reply to a post by falko89:
I thought I got the email about the speed increase.

we've got a little surprise just for you – a free boost on us. There's no need to do anything, and no charges. Simply open your boost below to find out what you've got.

I open it up to find BT cloud has boosted. Great, thanks, I dont even use BT cloud.

I had the same email - and my response was the same.

Ha ha, Does anyone even use it?
Standard User bowdon
(committed) Thu 26-Oct-17 21:54:22
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

The people with Infinity 1 with the speed boost now get the same upload speed as Infinity 2.

If I sold you a service for £30 with 80/20 speeds, and then tomorrow I sold Billybob down the road the same service for £20, and you wasn't made aware that there was a £20 service for the same speeds you'd be getting, I'd say thats a deceptive practice.

The law is based on the case law and the outlook of what is reasonable to the common person. In the example that would be a deceptive practice if it could be proven that BT knew of the price change while they were contracting you at a higher price and didn't inform you.

I would hope that BT will either reduce the price of Infinity 2 to match Infinity 1 prices, or scrap the labels of Infinity 1 and 2 and set a new price which lands in between both prices that would be charged to all new customers.

Though I'd still be paying slightly over the odds I can see there would be a genuine attempt to bring parity.

Demon => Freeserve => Pipex => Be => Sky => BT Infinity 2
Standard User robertcrowther
(member) Thu 26-Oct-17 22:15:17
Print Post

[re: bowdon] [link to this post]

I think the problem lies with how long BT are taking to adjust the Infinity packages and is causing upset.

Though I do think in the end it will be Infinity 1 customers who will loose out and not Infinity 2 customers.

Lets say an Infinity 1 customer is only get 30mb, but is paying the same as someone who is getting 80mb. Don't you think the customer who is getting only 30mb might feel angry?

I feel very lucky to get full speed on Infinity 2

Edited by robertcrowther (Thu 26-Oct-17 22:22:06)

Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Thu 26-Oct-17 22:57:55
Print Post

[re: bowdon] [link to this post]

It appears that you may have been living on a desert island for the last century and missed out on 20th and 21st century marketing.

You've got an axe to grind and I agree that some of us are losers but BT has done nothing wrong, and as for Ofcom being interested it would appear that you have a misconception as to its role and purpose.

For myself I entered into a contract with BT for a specific product at a specific price. I have that same product today, albeit with an increased and unused cloud allowance, and am paying the price I contracted for. Others approaching BT at the same time as I re-contracted (I was in the middle of a 12 month contract) are no doubt paying less than I am, since they probably received a reward card worth between £100 and £150 whilst I received nothing.
Standard User gt94sss2
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 27-Oct-17 01:09:20
Print Post

In reply to a post by robertcrowther:
It looks like BT might give Infinity 2 a boost with a 30mb upload instead of 20. It would certainly make sense as G.fast is coming soon. Those who want 30mb upload, but want more download would go fo G.fast

BT Retail can't offer 30MB upload on FTTC as Openreach/BT Wholesale don't offer it.

I suspect that the checker is showing 30MB profiles as BT Wholesale iron out the bugs in their new g.fast systems.

tbh even if such an upload speed did exist on FTTC I suspect the % of customers who could get more than 20MB would be quite small.
Standard User gt94sss2
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 27-Oct-17 01:12:51
Print Post

In reply to a post by robertcrowther:
I think the problem lies with how long BT are taking to adjust the Infinity packages and is causing upset.

Yes, I agree. Though I don't think BT Retail are in control of who gets upgraded when as they are putting the majority of the orders through in bulk taking advantage of a special offer by their suppliers..

I haven't even had any emails from BT about any free boosts on my Infinity 1 line - though my line would support more than 55MB - and neither has it yet been upgraded.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | [12] | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to