User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 27-Oct-17 08:04:42
Print Post

Re: Speed increase?

[re: robertcrowther] [link to this post]

I answered that in this post. Plus downgrading generally results in an extension to contract and I may not want to do that at the moment.
Standard User robertcrowther
(member) Fri 27-Oct-17 09:22:59
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
I answered that in this post. Plus downgrading generally results in an extension to contract and I may not want to do that at the moment.

That makes no sense at all. The post you have linked says that you re-contracted to get a discount and that's the only reason you stayed on Infinity 2.

This post you say that you are staying on Infinity 2 because you don't want to re-contract.

Which is it? If it's purely down to money, then just think how much money you could have saved if you had downgraded to Infinity 1 and got a discount because you were not able to achieve the speeds promised by Infinity 2.

It may be time to just stick your hand up and say "Oppps, I made a mistake, but it's not too late to fix it."
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 27-Oct-17 09:40:12
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

Ofcom answer would simply be - there is competition in the market so consumers are able to switch once outside their minimum term

My answer - do people realise that you can get up to 76 Mbps packages elsewhere for less than BT Infinity 1?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 27-Oct-17 09:53:06
Print Post

I recontracted 6 months ago with a discount that bought the price below what BT current charge for Infinity for new customers and still get the slightly higher upload. If I had switched to Infinity it would most likely have been at full price as I doubt BT would have given very much of a discount.

Circumstances change - I have no plans to recontract when the contract is up as it is quite possible I will not be at the house and won't want to do a house move. At the current price I pay Infinity 2 is fine - however, at full price it is an expensive product for what I currently need but if I resign a contract when the current one is up then I may have to terminate the contract part way through which would have it's own penalty.

I am fine with my past decisions but the next time will be a different situation and therefore probably a different decision. It is difficult to go through every circumstance on a forum so telling me I should admit I got it wrong is a leap to make when you don't (and won't) have all the information.
(member) Fri 27-Oct-17 10:03:14
Print Post

I have known people who went with Infinity 2 only to find that they were unable to get anywhere close to Infinity 2 speeds (like your self) who were then offered 6 months free Infinity 1 for downgrading.

People sometimes are too afraid of cancelation charges, they are often not as much as people think.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 27-Oct-17 10:15:28
Print Post

I've had infinity 2 for about 3 or 4 years so I doubt I would get 6 months free now. Signed up to it initially because Infinity 1 was limited to 40Mb, because my upload is greater than 10Mb (and I was uploading a fair bit of photos) and because I was back then using the cloud storage (which I don't anymore). It made sense at the time - as I say, circumstances change and at this point I am not going to start another contract but will wait and see what BT do with the packages over the next 6 months and whether at that point I would take a risk at recontracting.
(member) Fri 27-Oct-17 10:35:57
Print Post

Yes I agree, circumstances do change. But you should change with them, not just pay for something that you don't use anymore
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 27-Oct-17 10:48:14
Print Post

Even though I am for a while longer paying less for it than I would with Infinity?

I have explained as much as I plan to - you may disagree with my decisions but they fit with my current situation - you seem just to want to argue that somehow I am doing something wrong.
(member) Fri 27-Oct-17 10:56:43
Print Post

In reply to a post by ian72:
Even though I am for a while longer paying less for it than I would with Infinity?

I think that's pure guess work on your part, but if you're happy then that's all that matters at the end of the day.
Standard User bowdon
(committed) Fri 27-Oct-17 11:26:21
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

I'm not sure about living on a desert island or not. But marketing hasnt changed at all. I fully understand marketing and why BT have done this. Rule number 1 of marketing, if you can get away with charging people a high price then do it.

In my post I said my point and also at the end give a constructive suggestion. For the record I'm not in a contract with BT. I'm just waiting to see what they are going to do before I make my move. The point of the post was to put the case for how most people on Infinity 2 are paying around £10 more for their connection than someone whos paying Infinity 1 for the same service.

I think the "You've got an axe to grind" comment was beneath you.

Demon => Freeserve => Pipex => Be => Sky => BT Infinity 2
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to