User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Oct-17 01:26:16
Print Post

Re: Speed increase?

[re: bowdon] [link to this post]

I think the "You've got an axe to grind" comment was beneath you.
You do seem to be grinding it pretty fine with your refusal to accept reality.

Let's forget about broadband, take electricity supply. I can guarantee that for virtually all suppliers there will be customers paying dissimilar prices for exactly the same product and I'm not including here those with pre-payment meters. Are you going to complain about this to Ofgen? Deals and prices vary for virtually all services, water and sewerage perhaps being an exception. It's a fact of life, Grab what you can when you can. In my case I was only too happy to re-contract with BT at a reduced price six months ago when midway through a contract. Other than for not having a fixed IP address I'm happy to continue with BT. Unlike possibly others, I continue to receive an excellent service although admit to never having had a need to deal with customer support.
Standard User bowdon
(committed) Sat 28-Oct-17 12:02:29
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

I am acknowledging the reality of what is happening. But my opinion is still that it doesnt make it right, even though from what you and others have said it is legal.

I have had good service from BT over the years, and I don't mind paying for the service. At some point I will attempt to re-contract with them. I'm just waiting to see if they alter any prices in the future because I dont want to get a good deal only for a few months later they might decide to combine Infinity 1 and 2 at an even lower price.

I've had an overall good customer service from BT. I'd rank it second only behind Be.

Demon => Freeserve => Pipex => Be => Sky => BT Infinity 2
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Sun 29-Oct-17 01:18:48
Print Post

[re: bowdon] [link to this post]

I agree, it doesn't seem "fair", and may well come back to bite BT.

So you were a former BE customer, as was I. I did have some dealings with the Bulgarians due to what turned out to be a faulty port and they were excellent and appeared to be technically proficient. Fortunately I have yet to deal with BT's support and admit that if/when I do I would prefer to have to deal with our eastern European neighbours rather than others more distant.

I think we need to now sit back and see what if anything BT has in store for its Infinity 2 customers. I for one neither need nor want more cloud storage which will continue to be unused.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User brandscill
(experienced) Sun 29-Oct-17 04:37:23
Print Post

[re: GorillaWheels] [link to this post]

Hi All,

Iím away with work at the moment but my girlfriend complained the internet had been acting up. I VPNíd into the HomeHub and can see my sync for download has dropped but it looks like Iliad has increased? Canít say I remember what it was before but I had assumed under 10 given infinity 1.

If I run the speed tester through the BT site I get 49 down and 15 up. Does the jumb in upload show itís been lifted? If so any reason it would upset my download? Was previously maxing out and now itís worse.

Speedtest

Thanks

SSE - 80/20

Edited by brandscill (Sun 29-Oct-17 08:20:21)

Standard User GorillaWheels
(member) Sun 29-Oct-17 10:46:26
Print Post

[re: brandscill] [link to this post]

Well if the upload speed is now 15 I'd say BT have done the speed upgrade to 80/20 sync, but I don't understand why your download would go down? That seems odd. From what I've read on here I'd suggest turning the router off for at least half an hour, then restarting see if that improve your download speed, just a suggestion.

Dave

BT Infinity 1 with free Sept 2017 upgrade to 80 / 20
60.2 / 16.77 sync achieving approx. 56 down / 16 up
Standard User brandscill
(experienced) Sun 29-Oct-17 11:27:59
Print Post

Signal to noise ratio keeps jumping up and I keep losing connection as well. Will ask somebody who is home to move to test socket later and have a look then.

SSE - 80/20
(member) Sun 29-Oct-17 13:45:27
Print Post

Your banner says SSE 80/20. Does this need updating to BT Infinity 1? Or is it your girlfriends broadband that has the issue?

Dave

Standard User brandscill
(experienced) Sun 29-Oct-17 17:43:33
Print Post

Very strange. Swear I changed that this morning.

No itís mine, itís just wrong. Iíll fix the banner again later.

SSE - 80/20
Standard User brandscill
(experienced) Sun 29-Oct-17 17:45:59
Print Post

Turns out I changed my profile and not the signature

BT - 52/10
(member) Sun 29-Oct-17 23:28:58
Print Post

smile

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to